BENEFITS - At First Canadian we believe in our employees and their work/life balance. It is our pleasure to reward our team with the following:
- Earned Time-Off Program
- Newly renovated facility with ergonomic desks/chairs
- Matching RRSP
- On-site gym (opening October 2019)
- Educational assistance
- Employee discount program
- Staff appreciation lunches
Check out our company page for all the information on why we believe First Canadian is an employer of choice!
The Senior Accountant position is located in our Sherwood Park office. The Senior Accountant is primarily responsible for supporting the financial reporting process which requires strong analytical skills and development of processes and working papers in order to provide timely and accurate information.
Hours of Work: 8:00am – 5:00pm (Monday-Friday)
- Assists in financial reporting including preparation of financial statements, portfolio reports and other reports for review by the Controller and/or management.
- Involved in year-end completion including auditing, forecasting and reporting.
- Compile and analyze data for key performance indicators and risk metrics.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, forecasts, risk analysis, compliance reports (GST, Life, P&C) and ad hoc reports as required.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and documenting policies and procedures.
- Mentoring and supervision of Junior Accountants including coordination of activities, development of competency while ensuring that processes are completed within the required time frame.
- Other duties as required.
- Newly designated CPA is preferred. Ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Proficient working knowledge of databases and excel.
- Familiar with IFRS and ASPE with a willingness to learn in depth.
- Experience in the finance and insurance industry is an asset.
Thank you for considering our organization.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Accommodations available upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
- newly designated (Preferred)