Business Account Executive with experience in farm policies. Responsible for generating new sales through prospecting and quoting while maximizing income growth, retention and profitability. This will be accomplished through delivering “service beyond expectation”, account development and cross-selling of other available products and services. Business Account Executive will utilize the Verge sales systems and strategies and they will strive to meet or exceed established new business sales goals.
- Makes every effort to meet or exceed the forecasted sales goal annually.*
- Attends all scheduled sales meetings.**
- Accurately document client files and electronic files regarding all coverage discussions, quotes, declination of coverage with client in order to be constantly working to eliminate potential errors and omissions for the brokerage.*
- Be available and respond to client and insurer inquiries in a timely manner with the goal of exceeding their expectations.
- Keep abreast of markets, products and pricing issues and share information with the brokerage.
- Participate in Verge in-house training and seminar courses and implement learning into the practical work environment.
- Obtain a minimum of 8 continuing education hours annually.
- Request referrals for commercial business, personal lines and Life leads.
- Remain open to learning, constantly improving sales skills and product knowledge and share knowledge and skills with others.
- Adherence to developed Standard Operating Procedures and guidelines.
- Effective team player to both the department and the Verge Group as a whole.
- Positive advocate for the Verge Group supporting the Vision and Values.
The Business Account Executive(s) will have the following experience and attributes:
- RIBO license and working on or completion of CAIB.
- Experience with farm products. Willing to go out into rural areas
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a diverse dynamic team.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Proven effectiveness in sales and service.
- Ability to work under pressure with deadlines, dealing with multiple priorities and strong time management skills.
- Positive, supportive and enthusiastic team player.
- Enthusiasm towards work with a passionate desire for meeting challenges and making quick decisive and confident decisions.
- Flexible and a self-starter, able to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Strong understanding of Customer and Insurance Market dynamics and requirements.
- Personal qualities of integrity, empathy, strong work ethic, credibility, and a commitment to the Vision and Values of the Verge Insurance Group.
- Ability to work in a team and also contribute individually.
- Car and valid driver’s license required.
- Able to work in remote office location without supervision
Job Type: Full-time
- Insurance Sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- St. Catharines, ON (Required)