Milestone Equipment Contracting Inc is seeking a local, professional, ambitious and team oriented individual who is interested in working for our well-established Civil Construction company.
We are looking to hire a Superintendent to support our team of experienced professionals in the planning, monitoring and execution of civil construction and related projects.
- Manage project staff work schedules, keep a current schedule of project work, ensure foreman have an adequate work load between projects and work duties, including daily work, safety, cost and schedule
- Ensure all project staff are compliant with safety requirements of the provincial and federal code including company safety programs, the higher standard always applies
- Responsible for submitting project data in a timely accurate manner, review cost budgets, pre and post award, receive hand off from the estimators prior to construction
- Manage and schedule project ordering of materials in coordination with construction progress
- Manage project work schedules and ensure material ordering and tracking
- Manage and elevate to the President any matters of conflict that are not resolvable
- Ensure all workers on site have written competency reports and are safety compliant
- Schedule and communicate crew and equipment availability and work load, responsible for managing all project costing during construction in partnership with the project manager
- Provide, maintain and keep record of the weekly progress meeting, ensuring coordination between the client and the project
- Responsible to support and assist with all project and construction functions, coordination, supplies and requirements
- Advance and ensure equipment fleet usage is at optimized levels, set up coordinate and plan with the President – equipment mobilization
- Responsible to ensure all project documentation and requirements are completed prior to construction project commencement
- Ability to report daily costing, reporting and four pillars (Schedule, Quality, Cost, Safety)
- Help promote and work within a culture of jobsite safety, where safety is everyone’s 1st priority
- Help implement and promote new technology into everyday work procedures
A Superintendent has proven leadership, management, time management, problem solving, written and verbal skills, and an intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc). This position requires adequate physical condition, ability to lift 50 lbs, ability to walk and maintain site, tools, and equipment.
- 5 years experience in Civil Construction
- 2 years in a supervisor roll
- Strong attention to Milestone's 4 pillars – Safety, Cost, Quality, Schedule
- Positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Organizational and communication skills
- High School Diploma required
- Some post-secondary or trade certification required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Commitment to personal development via training, self-learning, and education, both formal and non-formal
The successful candidate will begin working approximately 50 hours a week at work sites in and around Victoria. With this in mind it’s important to note that Milestone is seeking an individual who is familiar with Vancouver Island and more specifically, with Victoria and the surrounding area.
The competitive wage offered for this position will be based on the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
We thank you for your interest in Milestone, although we appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Civil Construction: 5 years (Preferred)
- Supervising: 2 years (Preferred)