Position Summary Reporting to the General Manager and/or designate, the LPN Educator attains excellence in clinical practice through the development, provision and evaluation of Geriatric clients, clinical strategies, education and clinical resources. Applies a broad knowledge base of the geriatric client and the complex care environment, program development and evaluation, organizational, teams and systems development, planned change, process consultation and research utilization to provide role modeling, leadership and consultation and to promote a positive learning culture and advance professional practice.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to;
1. Educational Program Development
- Develops and evaluates clinical programs for Retirement Concepts care staff. Ensures mandatory educational requirements of all facility staff are completed.
- Works with the General Manager to develop strategies and plans for refresher courses and introduction of new material.
- Researches topics and current standards and best practices in preparation for program development.
- Acts as a consultant for team and system development, planned change and process creation.
- Promotes a positive learning culture and advancing professional practice.
- Works with GM/RCM to coach and mentor leadership and facility staff, clinical practices and policies and review of education in the facility.
- Assist with the educational component of performance management.
- Assist the General Managers and RCM’s set standards for the clinical staff on site.
3. Planning / Other Duties
- Participates in the facility’s policy and guidelines development.
- Participates in QI Committee and completes required QI audits. Completes mandatory audits as required.
- Oversees OH&S Committee
- On Call duties required on a rotational basis.
- Works with the General Manager of our new facilities. Will assist the GM with the orientation of new staff, coordinate speakers for orientation, facilitate clinical training of new staff and set up of nurses station’s, etc.
- Participates in facility Incident Report trending and modifies educational plans as required.
Qualifications - Five years’ recent related experience, including two years relevant clinical experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Graduate of an approved program for Practical Nurses and holds a current License with
the BCCNP as an LPN.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Valid BC driver's license.
- A sound understanding of current and future Geriatric clinical and health care issues and the potential impact on professional education and clinical practice.
- Ability to teach.
- Knowledge of adult education and learning principles and ability to integrate into programs and strategies.
- Ability to function independently and collaboratively within a team and demonstrate strong leadership abilities.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.