Recruiting on behalf of the Client:
As an Admissions Manager, you are a key part of a creative, dynamic, passionate Institute team that is responsible for training and development of Canada’s best hairdressers. This challenging and exciting position calls for a passionate, high energy sales professional who has a solid track record of sales who loves to hunt and win and is driven to create new systems and structures. You will establish yourself as Winnipeg’s top industry expert in hairdressing and who is passionate about helping students achieve their dreams.
Are you someone that wants to be in the driver’s seat and is driven to build admissions strategies and thrive on growing a school? Are you great at building relationships and ultimately want to help people achieve their dreams to be the best they can be? If so, then we want to hear from you.
- Achieve enrollment goals to ensure that tuition revenue goals are met
- Conduct candidate screenings and set-up interviews that will drive effective recruitment decisions
- Communicate with prospective students and conduct tours to achieve monthly enrollment goals
- Hunting for student leads on a daily basis to build and manages mature, active pipeline of leads.
- Monitor application process to ensure effective communication with prospective students in tandem with application deadlines
- Lead, set up and travel to outbound recruitment events (i.e. career fairs, high schools, national career fairs, salon visits, community events)
- Plan and implementation of inbound events (i.e. hosting open houses, job fairs)
- Utilize CRM database tools to efficiently track each interaction and the progress of all assigned leads and generate effective reporting to track admissions
- Work in tandem with marketing team to create lead generation strategies, marketing materials and recruitment tools
- Manage and establish systems and structures to overall admissions process and manage end-to-end process and people as required
- Implement an email cultivation strategy designed to re-engage leads that are inactive
- Build relationships with Aveda Lifestyle salons in the market to increase partnership and support for student placement upon graduation
- Responds in a timely manner to all admissions-specific inquiries received by email, phone, or in-person to ensure courteous and accurate information/direction is provided on a variety of issues
- Advises prospective student on the outcome or status of an admissions decision (e.g. regret, incomplete), and provides guidance on next steps (alternate options)
- Implement, evaluate and upgrade all enrollment systems on a continual basis
- Compile and prepare visit recruitment reports and event summary reports to Director of Aveda Institute Winnipeg and other stakeholders
- Visit and analyze competing schools in the area on a continual basis
- Effectively communicate industry trends, quality of leads, and program updates for appropriate cross-functional and departmental team members
- Assist in the planning and coordinating of student orientations and special events
- 3+ years of experience in Admission, sales or relevant equivalent experience
- Admissions/Recruitment experience strongly preferred, B2C sales experience a must
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Experience in providing high level, high touch experience to prospective student/clients
- Strong level of experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with a CRM is an asset.
- Written and spoken proficiency/fluency in the English language is required. Including strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of international secondary school equivalencies, high school qualifications, transcripts and their equivalencies, to properly advise prospective students.
- Experience in problem-solving complex situations, troubleshooting and resolving conflict exercising tact, discretion and sound judgment.
- Experience in providing excellent sales and customer service/support; well-developed interpersonal skills, including cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Experience in prioritizing and managing pressure associated with numerous high-volume tasks in a busy service environment; high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment in delivering excellent service to others as this is key in supporting the success of our students and the Aveda Institute Winnipeg
- Strong collaborator, thrives on teamwork but also able to work independently demonstrating excellent interpersonal people skills
- Effective ability to interact with others and deal with situations in ways that respect diverse backgrounds, experience and styles.
- Flexibility in adapting to change and in participating in consultative decision-making processes.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills, with the ability to manage and motivate others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible, able to prioritize and respond effectively to multiple demands; flexibility with work hours
- A passion for higher education and the desire to play a key role in attracting and preparing students to become exceptional members of society
- Valid driver’s license is required
- University or College Degree, or equivalent related experience
Hours: Tuesday – Saturday
Compensation: Competitive annual salary plus commission
- Health and dental benefits
- Laptop and cell phone
- Complimentary hair services
- Awesome retail discount on products
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Admissions: 2 years (Preferred)