Come in on the ground level! A very established community support agency, that is new to the Gloucester area in Ottawa, is currently recruiting experienced part-time support workers to provide support to 3 adults with physical disabilities.
Successful candidates will be responsible for supporting people at home and in the community; assist with implementing person-centered plans; teaching life skills; supporting and creating community involvement and participation; recreation and leisure; maintaining and monitoring health care supports, as necessary.
- Carry out personal care duties.
- Complete tasks of daily living, recreation and all programming as required.
- Health, personal care and behavioral programming must be completed.
- Work as a positive team member and report directly to the coordinators and assistant coordinators.
- Ensure the well being of the individuals, emergency procedures.
- Carry out policy and procedures of the agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have current CPR/First Aid or be willing to obtain.
- Must have a valid G driver's license and be able to drive an accessible company vehicle.
- Ability to carry out behavioral procedures as required and cope with aggressive and/or destructive behavior towards you and/or the environment remaining neutral and professional
- Post-secondary education and/or related experience is respected and valued.
- Compassionate heart to provide care for others.
- Ability to work with individuals and families.
- Desire and proven ability to work as an effective team player.
- Strong Communication skills (written and verbal).
- Consistent and good attendance record.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to problem-solve.
- Demonstrated flexibility in taking shifts.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Graduates and/or students in PSW, DSW programs or related are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $21.28 /hour
- Support Care: 1 year (Preferred)