About Us: DK Heavy Truck & Trailer Repair just expanded into a larger facility in a great location at 9004 Yellowhead Trail NW. Through years of quality customer service, we have earned Fleet Maintenance relationships with many of Alberta’s premier Transport and Equipment rental companies. We service the major oil, gas, energy and construction employers with safe, dependable and reliable transportation maintenance services and we offer 24 hour roadside mechanical assistance via our service trucks to the central Alberta area. For more information check out our website: www.dktruckrepair.com The successful applicant will work well with our highly trained team and enjoy our positive and customer-driven culture. They will be responsible for performing inspections, diagnosis, and maintenance on vehicles including highway trucks and trailers, service trucks, and various purpose-built trucks with specialized equipment.
We are looking for a qualified technician with fuel tanker experience to run an on site service truck.
Full benefits, boot allowance, very competitive wages.
Our employees enjoy:
- Exceeding their customers’ expectations;
- Industry-leading compensation incentives for bringing in new clients;
- Overtime opportunities with pay or time in lieu flexibility
- Working primarily in the Edmonton shop facility, and being home every night
- Professional Development Opportunities;
- Full time, steady employment in a team-oriented environment and the opportunity to work in a company that is growing;
- Exceeding customer expectations and receiving recognition for the hard work that you do
Responsibilities / Required Competencies Include:
- On site servicing of fuel tanker trailers
- Have excellent communication and organization skills;
- Have the opportunity to give back to the trade by mentoring apprentices;
- Have a strong mechanical aptitude and have the ability to handle multiple tasks;
- Assess work orders, diagnose faults and malfunctions by examining the vehicle, using testing equipment, and test drives;
- Dismantle faulty assemblies and repair or replace worn or damaged parts;
- Reassemble, adjust and test new or repaired components;
- Perform scheduled maintenance services, wheel seal, brake pots, abs, scully system, familiarly with fuel tankers
- Advise others on work performed, general vehicle conditions, & future repair requirements;
- Must be a certified Journeyman Trailer Technician, with tickets/certifications to be presented at time of hire.
- Must have 4+ years experience working on Trailers
- Must have your own complete set of tools.
- You must have a Class 3 license or the ability to obtain a Class 3 within your first 90 days of employment and a driver’s abstract with less than 4 demerit points. A class 1 license would be a definite asset.
- Must have an Alberta CVIP or ability to obtain an Alberta CVIP within your first 90 days of employment.
OTHER : We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted; no calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanical Skills: 4 years (Required)
- Driver's Licence (Required)