The primary role of the Human Resources (HR) Generalist is to support the implementation of human resources initiatives, policies, and practices that maintain a work environment which CARES for our PEOPLE, drives employee engagement, and ensures compliance with employment legislation.
The HR Generalist acts as first point of contact for external calls, contributes to employee relations, provides guidance on the day-to-day tasks of administrative staff in addition to administration and coordination support for all ongoing and project related human resources activities, and supports all roles within the department as required and directed.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- HR Administration
- HR Coordination
- HR Relations & Services
- Recruitment & Onboarding
- Employee Care
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills, Ability)
- Regulatory: Maintains up to date knowledge of MB employment legislation and its’ application including Duty to Accommodate, Employment Equity Act, Human Rights legislation, Privacy Act, Labour Relations Code, and Workers’ Compensation Board in order to provide guidance and ensure compliance.
- HR Policy and Program administration and facilitation.
- Recruitment: Working knowledge and application of recruitment process including posting jobs, pre-screening, and interviewing skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage own workflow
- With little direction, writes and formats moderately complex memos, emails, letters and reports.
- Professionalism: Builds interpersonal relationships with supervisors and staff in order to become a trusted resource on human resources issues and situations
- Problem solving ability and proven analytical skills and resourcefulness to effectively resolve basic people issues using a win-win approach whenever possible.
- Deals with changes, delays, or unexpected events in a calm and timely manner.
- Protects organizational values by keeping information confidential.
- High degree of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion when dealing with employee issues.
- Post-secondary degree in a Human Resources Program or related social science field.
- 5+ years progressive HR work experience in a HR General or HR Advisor function, preferably within a food processing/manufacturing environment.
- CPHR designation (or CPHR Candidacy) would be an asset.
- Strong people orientation balanced with an understanding of business needs.
- Proven ability to engage with company leaders and managers to drive desired culture, work environment, and employee engagement.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills, both one-on-one and to groups.
- Experience in a culturally diverse work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Profit Sharing
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
MDI is following all Provincial, Federal and Worksafe protocols in order to ensure the Health & Safety of our staff. This includes; frequent cleaning, heightened hygiene practices, PPE requirements and frequent communication.
- Human Resources: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)