Ross Place Seniors Residence is operated by the Vancouver Resource Society. VRS is a non-profit society based in British Columbia, Canada, and has been in operation since 1972. At VRS, we are committed to meaningful work providing innovative opportunities for seniors and persons with disabilities.
Ross Place, located in Victoria, B.C., is looking for a Casual Front Desk Reception/Screener for our retirement residence.
Working directly with the General Manager, the Casual Front Desk Reception/Screener will be responsible for a variety of duties, which includes, but not limited to the following:
- Greet all residents/family/guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Handle all incoming calls and redirect as required
- Provide security to the building by applying proper sign in/out procedures and entrance monitoring
- Monitor security system and conduct scheduled walks through the building
- Maintain accurate record keeping and update all checklists and reports as required
- Respond promptly to resident calls via the emergency response system
- Handle and/or respond to building emergency situations (leak, power outage, etc.)
- Maintain a clean, safe, fully stocked, and well-organized reception area
- Assist with projects as required by managers
- Maintain confidentiality of all systems & correspondence related to the business
- Above average interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Previous front desk, security and/or concierge experience working in a seniors’ community is desirable
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-Mail)
- Current first aid OFA Level 1 or equivalent and ability to respond to emergency situations
- Cleared criminal record check for working with vulnerable adults
- Clear TB Test
- Excellent communication skills, tact, diplomacy, and good judgment
Schedule: Ability to work during days, evenings, and weekend shifts. The front desk is staffed 7 days a week, Reception shifts 7:00am - 3:00pm and 3:00pm -11:00pm and the Screener shifts 6:30am-2:30pm or 10:00 am - 6:00pm, and 11:00am-7:00pm.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $20.81 per hour
- receptionist: 1 year (preferred)