Advert Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes—from single-person startups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation. Sage is passionate about building a culture where our colleagues feel they can bring their whole selves to work. Where people know they’ll be judged on their performance and behaviours - not their identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Description Are you tired of the day-to-day activities of your job as an accountant or bookkeeper but still want to use your accounting skills?
Have you worked for a distribution company or manufacturer, and are you fluent with how to use enterprise software to get the job done?
Do you love to help people solve complex software problems?
If so, Sage has the position for you!
The Senior Technical Support Agent is responsible to enhance each customer’s relationship with Sage, accomplished primarily by helping customers with questions or issues regarding Sage’s products or services and their application in the customer’s business operating environment in adherence to the company’s guidelines. Customer relations will also be enhanced by the identification of customer needs that can be addressed by additional Sage products or services. In addition, analysts will regularly author articles for submission to the knowledge base and engage in team-based project work while mentoring less experienced staff. To add value for our customers and partners, analysts will consistently identify and promote lead opportunities that arise during support interactions
Key Responsibilities Responsibilities
- Provides an Extraordinary Customer Experience across one or more Sage products or industries by addressing inquiries using a variety of channels (telephone, email, chat, social media, etc.) in a support-center environment adhering to scheduled shifts, procedures, metrics, and departmental goals.
- Drive Sales lead revenue generation and have full understanding of cross-sell opportunities and mentors the team accordingly.
- Independently identifies the root cause of the client’s software or system issues and uses system analysis and testing techniques to solve low to complex application or system issues. Listens for customer trends and takes appropriate action to resolve. Acts as knowledge resource to others.
- Uses Knowledge Center Support (KCS) methodologies to efficiently resolve issues. Contributes to company knowledge capital by creating and modifying reusable solutions in the knowledge base according to established procedures and policies. Actively promotes the knowledge base to our customers. Participate in reviewing articles for technical accuracy and publish articles. Maintains article quality standards.
- Recognizes creative opportunities and advises customers in realizing a higher return on investment, greater insight into business activities, operating business more effectively, and improving business efficiency utilizing Sage products and services.
- Documents each customer contact using our contact tracking systems in a clear, concise, and understandable format. Escalate unresolved customer issues with all pertinent information included, to appropriate resources.
- Works collaboratively and effectively within a team of peers. Promotes a positive, constructive attitude in the workplace. This includes presenting challenges in a positive light, offering constructive approaches to overcoming difficulties, and treating all individuals with respect. Acts as a mentor to others and identifies coaching/training opportunities.
- Prioritizes work for self and assists others, balancing the importance from the customer perspective and resources available with minimal impact on operational efficiency. Follows through on commitments, communicating status of work and removes barriers that may interfere with progress. Effectively adjusts when priorities and resources change, managing time and resources to ensure the best possible outcome for the customer, employee and organization.
- Stays current on technical and business knowledge in all assigned applications. Seeks out opportunities to educate or share knowledge with team members. Acts as a positive change agent for roll out and alignment of support processes and procedures.
- Lead or actively participate in internal projects such as improvements to call flow processes, training development, capturing and maintaining knowledge capital, improving overall support skills, and improving customer service in the department as assigned.
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Systems, Information Technology, Accounting or equivalent experience.
- 3 or more years of experience or education in one or more of the following areas:
- Customer service or support
- Accounting and bookkeeping including financial statements and reporting
- Sales and customer relationship management
- Distribution or manufacturing industry
- Database administration, relational databases and database technologies (MS-SQL is ideal)
- Working knowledge or experience with Windows based operating systems and networking fundamentals
- Current technical or business certifications (Microsoft or others) are an asset
- Requires the ability to adhere to a structured work schedule and efficiently self-manage work time
- Requires the ability to step through a linear analysis of complex technical issues and to identify problems and suggest solutions in a logical manner.
- Requires strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills, including the ability to actively listen, ask meaningful probing questions and the ability to break business processes into simplified steps
- Must be able to learn and apply technical knowledge, work within defined policy and procedures, and use standardized tools and technology to perform job functions
- Requires strong verbal, listening, and written communication skills
Why Sage Software Canada?
Join Sage Software Canada, the 2018 Region of the Year Winners!
Do you love where you work? WE do! Our beautiful Sage campuses are in the located the biggest high-tech cities in Canada! Our Richmond, BC, campus is only 20 mins away from downtown Vancouver and the Toronto campus (in the heart of the South Core Financial District) that displays spectacular views of Lake Ontario from our coffee bar and steps away from the Scotiabank Arena and CN tower. While there, you will work alongside talented colleagues who are passionate about solving client’s business problems.
We care about our colleagues, and we show it! Our comprehensive total rewards program which includes a competitive salary, extended health, dental, vision coverage, sales commissions / performance bonuses, on-going training and career opportunities, 21 days paid time off (PTO) to start, paid 5 days to volunteer, RRSP matching contributions, fitness allowance, tuition fee allowance, and so much more!
Bring your true self to work every day. We understand that our differences are what makes us a stronger company. Sage Software Canada is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with an ongoing commitment to Diversity and Inclusion. Providing a positive and accessible candidate experience throughout the hiring process is not just our goal, but our promise.
Please find a role that interests you, and if your skills are a good fit, one of our team will contact you for an interview. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, however, if you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.