Unscheduled Part Time Registered Nurse
HOURS OF WORK:
11.25 hours shifts (2D/2N)
Provision of exemplary pediatric patient care that is patient and family focused and based on current best evidence. Provision of education and support to patients and their families in a safe, efficient and responsive manner. Collaboration within the multidisciplinary team to support a safe, productive, and respectful working environment.
- Valid license with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- One year of recent experience in acute pediatric nursing. Nurses who have recently graduated who have consolidated in Pediatrics for their final placement will be considered.
- Good attendance record
- Current BCLS HCP certification
- PALS certification is preferred
Demonstrated Skill in
- Care of the neonatal and pediatric patient and family
- Pediatric venipuncture and IV insertion an asset
- Clear communication within a multidisciplinary team
- Computer based documentation
- Care of central lines, intravenous medication administration and fluid management
- Care of pediatric patients with diabetes (type I and II), acute respiratory illnesses requiring non-invasive intervention, acute asthma exacerbations, sepsis, and oncological and hematological diagnoses.
- Critical thinking skills and problem solving under challenging circumstances.
- Highly motivated & self-directed
- Respectful, collaborative manner in dealing with colleagues and patients
- High level of maturity and professionalism
- Compassionate and understanding
- Sound/realistic decision making
- Flexible and able to balance competing priorities
- Reflective practitioner
- Patient and family centered approach to providing care