Reports to Production Supervisor. The Co-Pack Line Leader has primary responsibility for overseeing a production line within a Co-Pack plant, ensuring safety, quality and maximum productivity. Able to multi-task and work a flexible schedule. Must have prior experience leading a team in a fast-paced production environment.
- Responsible for enforcing safety and quality standards, good manufacturing practices (GMPs) and adherence to job specifications.
- Responsible for reading, comprehending, and explaining job standards, bill of materials (BOMs) and special instructions for jobs.
- Train, motivate, guide and assist line workers to carry out duties and responsibilities in a safe, standardized, effective and efficient manner.
- Communicate and monitor shift productivity standards to ensure they are met or exceeded.
- Responsible for verifying assembly lines prior to production to ensure everything used for prior job was properly cleared and that current line set up is correct, with a focus on checking all products and materials that will be used to assemble the job.
- Conduct audits on production lines per customer QA production audit requirements.
- Work in a safe manner. Follow all Metro Green Logistics and customer standards, in addition to Federal, Provincial and Local regulations for occupational safety.
- Conduct finished goods counts, reconciliations of products and components, and return to inventory.
- Responsible for all production line documents and records. Assures all records are completed daily and accurately.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of work areas.
- Completed High School Diploma
- Minimum of two (2) years of packaging or manufacturing experience.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Service oriented and commitment to quality of work.
- Organized and shows excellent attention to detail.
- Able to motivate people and must be viewed as a clear and credible communicator.
- Problem solving skills with ability to seek alternative solutions.
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly, as well as, work under time pressures.
- Able to stand throughout the day.
- Thorough knowledge and adherence to company policies, procedures, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
Job Type: Full-time
- packaging: 2 years (Preferred)
- Line Lead: 2 years (Preferred)
- co-pack: 1 year (Preferred)