Full Time Temporary (Maternity Leave) position available
Closing Date: 2020-01-31
Well established, busy trucking company is currently looking for an experienced
Full-Time Dispatcher / Safety Coordinator for our Fort Saskatchewan Based Operations.
The successful candidate must have knowledge of transportation regulations, experience with dispatching LTL & Semi trucks, effective and professional communication skills and be experienced in Safety Program Administration. Solid understanding of LTL / P&D trucking is essential to this position.
· Receive order requests.
· Plan and schedule deliveries and pickups. Coordinate drivers and equipment & ensure all drivers & equipment are being utilized to their capacity.
· Work with CSRs & other Dispatch in a team environment
· Promote and foster a positive relationship with clients and drivers
· Monitor and compile reports on Dispatch and Tracking Software
· Lead or Participate in Inspections and Investigations
· Ensure compliance of our Health & Safety Program
· Being able to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
· Knowledge of Transportation regulations.
· Experience in Health and Safety Program Administration
· Effective and professional communication skills.
· Computer literate.
· Experience with dispatching.
We offer competitive base pay based on experience with opportunity for overtime / on call shifts.
We have a solid business base with numerous industry partners. Applicant will be responsible for learning all aspects of our scope of business in relation to our wide client base. Selected applicant will work as a structural member of our team with a full-time LTL Dispatcher and CSRs. The right candidate will be dedicated to assisting the growth of the company, while adhering to our high standards of customer service. We strive to create an atmosphere of work / life balance in a busy yet relaxed atmosphere.
This position is being filled as a one-year temporary position to fill in for a maternity leave. However, being that our company is experiencing growth there is the potential opportunity for this to turn into a permanent position for the right individual.
Please reply in confidence with your resume via this ad.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $40,000.00 to $48,000.00 /year