Are you ready to start shaping the community? Our industry is fast-paced and detail-oriented, which provides huge opportunities for talented individuals to succeed and grow. When you join Zehr, you really are joining a family.
- Health and Spending Account (full-time)
- Insurance Benefit Program (full-time)
Reporting directly to the Senior Property Manager, the Maintenance Manager is responsible for overseeing the operational matters of a commercial and residential portfolio.
The maintenance manager will be involved in all aspects of assisting the Property Management department for an assigned portfolio of residential and commercial properties. The maintenance manager will have a solid understanding of plumbing and electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, carpentry, contracts, and budgets. The key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee and complete the day-to-day operational activities for a mixed commercial and residential portfolio
- Maintain properties according to the budget
- Maintain own weekly site visit schedule to perform weekly, monthly tasks as required
- Schedule and oversee all onsite maintenance related work
- Interact with team members, guests, business partners, and contractors in a professional manner
- Report and resolve any deficiencies found onsite at the properties
- Monitor equipment in accordance with both legislative and recommended operating requirements
- Maintain inventory supply, and forecast costs as required
- Maintain familiarity with building systems including but not limited to HVAC units, water heating units, water cooling system, fire alarm system, electrical systems, exhaust timers, light timers, etc.
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities
- Maintain maintenance logs and reports
- Develop and implement a proactive maintenance program
- Provide support/solutions as required to the Senior Property Manager
- Ensure health and safety policies are complied with
- Fire safety monitoring and tracking
- Lot maintenance / minor landscaping
- Perform a wide range of general building maintenance duties as assigned (minor repairs, drywall, trim, paint, carpentry, adjustments, etc)
- Perform regular property inspections
- Monitor parking as needed
- After hour emergency calls (tri-weekly)
- Any other reasonable tasks required to meet the requirements of the position in a professional manner
- 3+ years’ experience in a maintenance management role
- Strong knowledge of property maintenance, including electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and mechanical systems
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Proficient in time management
- Knowledge of workplace safety, safe operation of tools
- Experience in planning maintenance operations
- Excellent communication, negotiation skills, and interpersonal skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits allowance, work expense package and company vehicle for the qualified candidate.
To apply to this job, please submit your resume below.
- Cover letter and resume*
Accepted file types: pdf.