To offer assistance and/or information to guests and visitors regarding the hotel and its facilities and the surrounding area with its restaurants and attractions.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide information, recommendations and booking services for a variety of guest inquiries, including, but not limited to, directions, hours of outlet operation, hotel services, transportation and travel arrangements, tour and event tickets, restaurant reservations, and medical care
- Process and deliver messages for guests
- Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for guests as requested
- Arrange and confirm recreational, business and dining activities both inside and outside the hotel for guests
- Respond to special requests for services including, but not limited to, dentists, doctors, child care, florists, etc.
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Register VIP guests, as needed
- Promote Company marketing programs and distribute printed materials, as needed
2 years of previous luxury customer service experience in a similar capacity
Gold keys from Les Clefs d’Or is an asset
Additional language skills is an asset.
Post-secondary degree in tourism or hospitality is preferred.
Must have excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills and must be able to interact with all levels of guests in a professional and cordial manner.
Energetic and outgoing, with a positive attitude, driven to provide an outstanding guest service experience.
Flexible shift availability including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Hotel X Toronto is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to attend
Exhibition GO Station & Exhibition Loop Streetcar 509
- Conveniently located within an 8-minute walk from the hotel, is the Exhibition GO Station and the Exhibition Loop Streetcar 509. Both will take you to Toronto's Union Station in the Downtown core within minutes. The journey takes less than 10 minutes by train and approximately 20 minutes by streetcar.
Our self-parking entrance is located on Newfoundland Drive between Princes' Boulevard and Lakeshore Boulevard. When parking in the garage, we recommend parking on Level B2 as there is an elevator there for you to bring you directly to our main lobby.
Parking rates start at $10/hr
What to prepare
Preferred dress code
Business (business suit, tie)
About Hotel X Toronto
Are you looking to be a part of something eXtraordinary?
Hotel X Toronto by Library Hotel Collection is Downtown Toronto’s only lakefront urban oasis, located at Exhibition Place. The hotel will be hosting a Career Fair on August 16th, 2022 to fill over 20 staffing positions in all departments. Candidates attending the Hotel X Toronto Career Fair will be able to speak with Hotel Management representatives, complete job applications, and will be hired on the spot if the right fit! A sparkling and energetic, guest satisfaction motivated personality to help our new hotel build customers for life is what we are looking for! A polished and professional presentation is also a requirement for the hotel’s luxury environment.
Positions are available for immediate start, in preparation for a busy Fall season!
Positions to be filled include
- Bell/Door Staff
- Guest Service Agents
- Front Desk Manager
- Assistant Director of Housekeeping
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Wedding & Social Sales Manager
- House Person
- Room Attendants
- Spa Attendants
- Spa Reception Agent
- Spa Massage Therapist
- Spa Esthetician
- Spa Supervisor (15 month contract)
- Lobby Attendants
- Reservations Agents
- Fitness Club Reception
- Fitness Club Cleaners
- Members Lounge Cook
- Play Centre Attendant
The Library Hotel Collection is renowned for delivering kind, unpretentious luxury service to each and every guest and is searching for similarly dedicated individuals in the Toronto area to expand the Hotel X Toronto team. Hotel X Toronto is the lakefront destination for entertainment, events, corporate meetings, sports and fitness, and family staycations. With four indoor tennis courts, a rooftop pool, a three-level rooftop SkyBar, a children’s play centre, a full-service spa and over 60,000 square feet of meetings and events space, Hotel X Toronto offers the widest range of amenities of any luxury hotel in the city.
Can't make it to our Career Fair? Please send your application and resume to Careers@HotelXToronto.com
Note: All Hotel X Toronto employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the Hotel's Vaccination Policy. Candidates will be required to show proof of vaccination during the recruitment process.
Perks and benefits
What is a hiring event?
Think of it like a job fair, but for one company and more personal. Hiring events are a great way for employers to fill multiple roles quickly. Hiring is a human process, and they would like to meet you to see if you’re a fit!