Tsayta Trucking is in search of Log Hauling Truck Drivers to join their team on a temporary, full-time basis, working on projects located throughout northern British Columba. Tsayta Trucking is a part of Meraki Resources which is made up of strong and diverse companies that have combined resource development and forest management into a 40-year success story. The company has leveraged their regional success to expand into logging and mechanical maintenance operations on Vancouver Island as well as diversifying into Civil Construction in the Okanagan.
Their key business areas are woodlands management, professional forestry, harvesting, forestry road construction, log hauling, log sales, civil construction and heavy-duty equipment and truck service and parts. While the companies are run autonomously, they are united by their focus at the leadership level, supported be a common culture of strong management teams, a commitment to quality, and continuous improvement.
Tsayta Trucking, a Meraki Resources Company is currently looking for an experienced Log Hauling Truck Driver. As a Log Hauling Truck Driver you will have the knowledge and will comply with all driver regulations. This is primarily field based position with limited office work and camp stay and overtime hours may be required.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for securing and hauling logs
- Required to follow laws, regulations, and company policy.
- Drivers must perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Drivers must know and understand logging regulations and record all hours on a daily driver log.
- Must ensure logs are secured in a manner that will prevent the logs from falling out of the vehicle.
- Must not drive vehicles that are unsafe or in a condition likely to break down or cause an accident.
Our ‘Must Haves’ that make you great
To be successful in this role, you will have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- A valid class 1 driver's license.
- A clean driver abstract and criminal record
- A valid OFA Level 3 First Aid Certificate is preferred
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to travel and work in an outdoor environment in remote locations
- Able to work cooperatively in a team, but also independently with little supervision
- Physically fit to endure the rigors of full-time fieldwork in all conditions
- Safe work mindset is required
- Accountable and dependable
- Efficient time management
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Multitasking skills
- Analytical as well as problem solving skills an asset
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor
- Work as a team player
- Able to be flexible in work demands
- Work in a fast paced environment
- To lift up to 25 lbs. on a daily basis
- Adhere to Meraki Resources Safety Program
- A Safe Work Environment
- Competitive Wages for quality work in a high volume and demanding environment
- High quality equipment to work with
- Great company owned camp facilities
- Transportation provided to off site work locations
- Shift schedule can vary depending on operations and personal preference.
- Diverse range of industrial, Indigenous clients, governments, and bio-energy sector clients
- Progressive and innovative company
For those who love to live and play where they work –Fort St. James region offers a bounty of recreational activities including:
fishing, hunting, hiking, biking, running, and golfing; skating, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, downhill skiing, and curling; music festivals and art programs; ATV, snowmobile, and horseback riding; boating, camping, and more!
This community offers affordable housing costs, and low taxes, and a 1-hour direct flight to Vancouver from Prince George, BC.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that w equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$31.00 per hour