Product and Service Marketing Specialist
The basic function of the Product and Service Marketing Specialist is to use experience and business acumen to develop and generate new business avenues to grow the company and generate additional revenue. In addition, this individual will identify ways to promote and maintain brand/market share in the face of competition.
- Research and maintain database of market analysis including competitors, product developments, new markets, industry trends, emerging trends, upcoming projects and prospective clients.
- Quantifies business intelligence to evaluate new opportunities and build market position
- Develops business growth strategies based on market insights and business opportunities
- Engage in educational opportunities, business and networking events, professional and trade organizations
- Assist with core business development activities, such as generating marketing material and developing client presentations
- Fosters beneficial relationships with business partners and business contacts in order to attract new business and enhance organization reputation
- In conjunction with the estimating/project management team, develop new and maintain existing client relationships
- In conjunction with the estimating/project management team, networks with potential clients on upcoming projects, getting involved at an early stage
Product Development and Marketing:
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements, appraising new product ideas and/or product/packaging requirements.
- Assess market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
- Bring new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs, preparing return on investment analyses
- Introduce and market new product by developing time-integrated plans with other departments
- Assist in determining product pricing by utilizing market research data, reviewing product and sales costs and anticipating volume
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal/business networks
- Working with outside vendor, coordinate the creation and compilation of website content in collaboration with other departments to be published on our website and social media
- Develop a website traffic plan and create goals and benchmarks to meet
- Optimize website and social media channels for SEO as well as usability
- Analyze key metrics from our website traffic
- Responsible for, in conjunction with website developers, determining the format and features of the website in order to maximize clarity and ease of navigation for customers.
- Keep abreast of new developments in the e-marketing world.
- Research the company’s core demographics and how to best reach them
- Ensure relevancy and consistency of both visual and written content across all print and digital media
- Outgoing personality
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Motivated self-starter, with the ability to work independently within a team environment
- 5+ years’ experience in B2B sales or marketing
- Understanding of website metrics and best practices, an asset
- Understanding of social media strategy, an asset
- Marketing and strategic analysis
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent