Stó: lõ Service Agency requires the services of a qualified After School Care Coordinator to fill a vacancy with the A: lmelhawtxw Early Education Centre of the Health Services Department. Pursuant to section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Aboriginal ancestry. Please self-identify on your cover letter or resume.
The Out of School Care Coordinator (OSCC) will support the Center Supervisor in providing quality, supportive and encouraging coordination of team members, programs, services and its deliveries within the Out of School Care Program (OSC).
This position reports to ECD Supervisor. The successful candidate will work out of the Central (Chilliwack) office. Some travel may be required for this position. Based on services needs the department reserves the right to relocate workers within the service delivery area.
- Valid license to practice, ECE license to practice
- Preferred work experience providing childcare for children ages 0-12 years of age.
- After School Care experience preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of Community Care and Assisted Living Act, Child Care Licensing Regulations
- Knowledge and understanding of the development of children and their mental, physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs
- Valid first Aid certificate
- Record of immunization history
- Understanding of cross-Cultural issues that impact on Stó: lō people and first nation communities
- Demonstrates abilities to build strong relationships within the community and or other departments within the Stó: lō Service Agency
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proven ability to establish rapport with people of all educational and occupational backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain a healthy working relationship with staff, community representatives/members and representatives of other organizations. Including collaboration with other SSA programs and staff as required.
- Maintain the confidentiality guidelines of all records, materials and communications concerning clients, staff and Stó: lō Nation.
Successful candidates will be required to provide the following if screened in for an interview: **
- Proof of education documentation
- References: Three names and phone numbers of recent supervisors
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC Drivers’ License
- Must successfully pass the required pre-employment Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General Check.
Salary Range: Based on qualifications/experience
Type of Position: Full-time with benefits – subject to a 6-month probationary period and planned performance evaluations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Early Childhood Education: 2 years (Required)
- After School Coordination: 1 year (Required)
- Early Childhood Education (Required)