Solutions - Your Organized Living Store is a Canadian retailer specializing in storage and organization products for the home and office, with 13 stores in Ontario and growing steadily. We have continuously placed in the Top 100 and Next 100 lists of the fastest growing companies in Canada. Our mission is to provide each customer with innovative solutions to help simplify their life, as well as create a positive, organized and inspiring place to shop and work.
We are currently recruiting for STORE MANAGER/ASST MANAGER for Mississauga.
The Store Management is largely responsible for the overall success of the store by consistently driving sales through demonstrating a strong authority of the Company’s business approach to marketing strategies, selling approach, inventory management and control, customer service experience, hiring and training talent and the Company’s brand promise.
- Responsible for the general execution of all store management duties such as opening and closing procedures on all designated shifts as per hours of operation.
- Responsible for the proper implementation and monitoring of all assigned procedural accountability as outlined below. Accountability may change depending on priorities
- Opening and Closing Checklists
- Shipping and Receiving
- Weekly Management Reports
- Recruitment, Interviews and Hiring
- Training of all new and current team members
- New employee orientation and onboarding
- Management Meetings
- One-on-One Coaching
- Performance Management
- Business Planning
- Utilize key metrics daily, weekly and monthly to identify opportunities for improvement and growth, and work with the District Manager to create action plans for stores with regular follow-up and evaluation
- Performance Management
- Actively find and recruit the best individuals for the store, ensuring that this concept is also conveyed and understood by the whole team
- Promote ways of improving processes in the store, with the ultimate goal of constantly striving for perfection in all aspects of the store sales and operations.
- Responsible in instilling the fundamental values of the company. The Store Manager should embrace and adapt to the changes in the company.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Strong Leadership skills; able to initiate the needed change and highly adaptive and able to “sell” the organization on change
- Able to hire A players and employees with A potential
- Able to create strong focused, results-driven teams and has the ability to energize others
- Able to facilitate the creation and communication of the company’s compelling and strategically sound vision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail
- Passionate and has a high-energy level; working on fast-paced work weeks, with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Extremely sensitive and adaptive to both stated and unstated customer needs
- Exceeds expectations of employees, customers and shareholders
- Able to work flexible hours, including extended day, evenings, weekends and closing shifts as required by business needs
- Able to travel as required by business needs.
- Ability to stand for more than 8 hours
- Able to climb ladders up to 12 feet in height
If you consider yourself an ORGANIZE FANATIC, A LEADER &* PASSIONATE ABOUT RETAIL,*we want to hear from YOU!
We thank all candidates in advance for submitting their resumes, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls/agencies please. Visit www.solutions-stores.ca to learn more about our company and our store locations.
Job Type: Full-time
- retail management: 1 year (Required)
- sales: 1 year (Required)
- customer service: 1 year (Required)
- leadership: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)