Coalision is seeking a Director of People and Culture to support growing operations and to join our team at the magnificent Château Viger, located in the heart of the Old Port of Montreal!
The Director of People & Culture will lead the development and implementation of all People & Culture functions, including elevating the employee experience, spearheading employee relations, transforming talent acquisition, leading training & development, and overseeing compensation and benefits. The successful candidate will lead the centralized delivery of human resource services to the retail stores across Canada, USA & France, act as an expert advisor to the Senior Management Team, and ensure policies and practices are in compliance with applicable provincial and federal legislation. This both strategic and hands-on role requires a passion for developing and implementing HR strategy, programs and processes to support organizational objectives, and a flexible approach to adapt to rapidly changing needs. It is a unique and exciting opportunity for the right professional who has an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for innovative HR solutions.
Empowered by a progressive Senior Leadership Team, Lolë offers an inspiring, stimulating atmosphere and motivating challenges in a dynamic environment.
We are not like any other fashion company. Fashion, we believe, is the conveyor of our greater purpose of inspiring a life of well-being. Our collections are versatile and long-lasting, made to make people feel good, day and night, to work or to practice, year after year. We spread the word and we make wellbeing accessible to all not just a few. We gather communities by offering engaging experiences. We live life in color.
At Lolë we all share the same mindset and values:
- We embrace inclusivity and build local communities around wellness.
- We pioneer, we lead but we do not take ourselves too seriously.
- We make our own path and are bold enough to follow our dreams.
- We act conscientiously and encourage smart consumption.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Talent Attraction and Recruitment
- Work with the Senior Management Team to articulate the employer brand and employee experience for Coalision.
- Use best practices to fulfill recruitment needs and streamline and standardize processes.
- Act as a resource to retail stores to develop a customized and targeted approach to address hard to fill vacancies.
- Develop and implement recruitment-related tools, resources and training for those involved in the hiring process.
- Build an amazing team to effectively serve the needs of the organization.
- Devise strategies for performance evaluation, training and development.
- Handle Employee Relations issues including working with managers to identify performance issues and implement appropriate measures.
- Monitor adherence to internal policies and legal standards.
- Deal with grievances and violations invoking disciplinary action when required.
- Report to senior management by analyzing data and using HR metrics.
- Development of an overall HR business plan with measurable objectives.
- Develop programs, tools and resources to support in managing positive and productive relationships throughout all stages of the employment lifecycle including:
- Onboarding process to support employee integration to their position.
- Performance management to enhance operational performance.
- Employee engagement and retention practices.
- Employee development, career and succession planning policies and processes. * Implement tracking and reporting systems to monitor and assess the effectiveness of people practices through key HR metrics and KPIs such as turnover, absenteeism, development, productivity, time to hire, and cost perhire.
- Guide the review of compensation and benefit packages, make recommendations to increase consistency in compensation plans and practices, enhance employee communication and understanding and ensure market and cost competitiveness of offerings.
- Assess Coalision’s longterm business needs and work with Senior Management Team to develop programs and strategies to meet business requirements.
- Responsible for all HR initiatives, systems and tactics.
- Provide training to new and existing employees to build knowledge and confidence in people management as appropriate.
- Participate in developing business strategies and contributing to operational and management decision-making in order to meet business objectives.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, best practices and make recommendations to enhance employee experience, increase efficiencies and manage costs.
- Develop and manage relationships with external resources such as vendors, service providers and contractors.
- Participate in ongoing personal development and continuous learning.
- 7-10 years HR experience with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role in a sales environment.
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation is an asset.
- Experience in developing a wide range of human resources programs and processes that reflect best practice and the strategy, direction and culture of an organization.
- Experience in building a hiring brand and innovative recruitment strategy.
- A demonstrated experienced HR leader with the ability to “rollup” your sleeves and get the job done while having the ability to think strategically with planning and decision making.
- Enthusiastic about having both strategic and tactical responsibilities in a growing organization.
- Extensive knowledge of employment law and practices in Canada (knowledge of USA laws is an asset).
- Proven experience in partnering with senior managers to develop strategy at the leadership level that results in a measured increase in business performance.
- Strong leadership, coaching, facilitation, conflict resolution and relationship management skills.
- Strong communication skills with ability to present professionally both orally and in writing.
- Excellent customer service focus and a true team player.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Must possess tact, diplomacy to resolve complex issues and conflict using sound judgement and decision-making,and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated experience articulating a vision, translating it into executable strategy and driving cross-functional teams to deliver against the plan.
- Interpersonal experience in developing relationships with peers and leaders across an organization.
- Keen ability to drive change to transform, align and inspire in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborative with a natural orientation towards community building and organizing.
- Strong leadership, presence, project management, and organizational skills.
- A demonstrated high level of reliability, flexibility, and dedication.
- Strong technical aptitude, advanced skills in MS Office and skilled at using social recruitment tools.
- Bilingual in French and English.
Candidates are invited to submit their resume. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Permanent