Little Mountain Place is a not for profit 117 residential bed care home for seniors, located in East Vancouver, close to the Main Street corridor. We are looking for casual Social Workers for vacation relief.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Reporting to the Director of Care, the Social Worker provides comprehensive case management services to residents, individual counseling to residents and families to address health, psychosocial, environmental and functions needs and facilitates access to required services. Assists with admission and discharge planning and supports/educates residents and families to assist with the transition. Participates in care conferences to provide a social work perspective on a variety of issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carries out health, psychosocial and functional/environmental assessments.
- Observes, identifies, assesses and plans interventions to resolve resident care problems and/or achieve care goals.
- Provides individual counselling services to residents and families.
- Determines financial needs of residents and assists resident/families.
- Assist with the admission planning.
- Educates and provides support and consultation to residents and families.
- Attends care conferences as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with a variety of external groups.
- Advocates on behalf of residents and families to access system information and resources; promotes resident’s right to autonomy, dignity and privacy.
- Maintains resident records in accordance with established standards.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work from an accredited university.
- Some experience in an acute or residential care setting working with older adults with cognitive impairment, brain injury and mental health addictions; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. New graduates will also be considered.
- Eligible for registration or registration in good standing with BC College of Social Workers.
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of health (acute care, continuing care and mental health) and social service community support programs.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in health care.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct psychological, functional, environmental and social assessments.
- Due to our resident population, Mandarin and/or Cantonese is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with residents, families, physicians, health care providers, staff, and community agency personnel.
- Ability to deal with and/or guide others in conflict resolution.
- Ability to assess situations and diffuse crisis incidents.
- Ability to independently manage and prioritize case/workload and make decisions regarding interventions and access resources.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to operate related equipment including related software.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Please send your resume by email by clicking the Reply Now button below. Thank you.
For additional information, please visit our website: http://littlemountaincare.org/little-mountain-place/
Little Mountain Residential Care & Housing Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All policies and procedures related to the hiring and selection of any personnel are in compliance with Human Rights which prohibits discrimination in employment advertisements and hiring on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, family status, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age or criminal conviction unrelated to employment.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $35.56 to $44.36 /hour
- Social Work in residential: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cantonese and/or Mandarin (Preferred)