LCS (Life Cycle Services) Technical Maintenance specialist & contract manager
It all begins with active personal involvement – curiosity. Why can’t things be done differently, better or maybe simpler? Over the years, curiosity builds knowledge.
We utilize knowledge and hands-on attitude to make the big difference to our customers. Be part of a friendly and professional team in a global workplace. With us, you will be working with world-leading process industry solutions in a result-driven and respectful culture.
The LCS (Life Cycle Services) Maintenance Specialist & Contract Manager is responsible to support an LCS contract implementation and execution to ensure that the contract will perform and meet the Customer and Metso expectation; Performance and Financial.
- In cooperation with the Market Area LCS Contract Manager, support with the new LCS contract implementation & execution on schedule and within Budget.
- Support the Regional site management team for implementation and execution using the tools and methods that are available within LCS global team.
- Develop and share the LCS tools (procedures, specifications, etc) for more effective LCS contract implementation & execution.
- Review the communition plant layout drawings to identify opportunities/tools that would ensure more efficient maintenance.
- Assist with development of the maintenance plan for the equipment in the scope of LCS contract.
- Assist with development, implementation, training and execution of the preventive and predictive maintenance program required for the LCS contract.
- Support with the Development and optimization of the list of spare parts that will be in consignment at customer sites as part of LCS contracts.
- Support the MA (Market Area) LCS site management team for implementation of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Interface with Customer Maintenance and Production as required to ensure LCS maintenance contract commitments are implemented and on schedule.
- Coordinate and Support the MA site management team for contract setup in SAP system as per LCS standards processes.
- Work with LCS process specialist & mBITS to identify and implement technology/IT solutions to meet the LCS contract scope.
- Support LCS contract for special assignments; Technical issues, process optimization, Operation problems, others special assignments.
- Participate to LCS contract optimization and reference management to ensure that LCS contract are performed with LCS highest level of quality standards.
- Support with the Reliability management program development in order to increase equipment reliability using reliability engineering tools such as; SMED, RCA, FRACAS, FMEA, etc.
- In cooperation with MA and customer, Set targets and improvement plan through Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Liaise with Metso Product line to obtain technical support required for the project execution and optimization.
- Identify and support the implementation of special maintenance tools and methods that would be useful for the execution of the LCS contract
- Work with FSE/PRO/ organizations to develop and implement full MSE solutions and to expand current Metso service offerings.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties and/or other special projects as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Associate Degree/Diploma in business management, engineering, learning & development or equivalent is required, bachelor degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience in maintenance, Planner, repair and/or training business environments is required
- 5 years of experience in Mining industries
- 5 years of experience with contract/project management
- Experience with CMMS systems and Maintenance planning is required
- Experience in SAP BI/BW systems development, especially project and customer service module functions in SAP is an asset
Skills & Abilities
- Good understanding of Project/contract Management processes and guidelines
- Strong technical understanding of Maintenance activities
- Strong understanding of Mining equipment (Mechanical, E&I’s, controls and process)
- Understanding of financial accounting principles and practices.
- Strong inter-personal and leadership skills
- Willing to actively engage in problem solving
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational skills and project management experience
- Must be capable of effectively and accurately working on several projects at one time, and organizing, prioritizing tasks and working in a fast paced environment.
- Skills need to include building and managing internal relationships, negotiation skills and understanding of customer needs and market requirements.
- Proactive and persistent working habits and can-do attitude
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Able to clearly communicate oral and written with IT and business people
- A high level of computer skills is essential – SAP, Microsoft Office
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Ability to frequently travel internationally
- Ability to travel overnight +/- 35% or more, frequently on short notice.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and climb or balance.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- International travel required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Use of keyboards, telephones, copiers, telefax, visits and movement through job sites, factories/shops, and travel experiences.
- Climbing of stairs, ladders, scaffolds at jobsites and customer facilities.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally.
Metso is a world-leading industrial company offering equipment and services for the sustainable processing and flow of natural resources in the mining, aggregates, recycling and process industries. With our unique knowledge and innovative solutions, we help our customers improve their operational efficiency, reduce risks and increase profitability. Metso is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki in Finland and had sales of about 3.2 billion in 2018. Metso employs over 13,000 people in more than 50 countries.
metso.com , twitter.com/metsogroup
Job Type: Full-time
- Technical Maintenance: 5 years (Preferred)
- Mining: 5 years (Preferred)
- English & French (Preferred)