At Cameco we understand the value of a diverse workforce and we embrace, encourage and support workplace inclusion and diversity. New ideas, perspectives, experiences, and expertise make Cameco stronger. We are committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the communities we operate in. Our vision is to create a culture where inclusion is the goal, and a diverse and representative workforce is our measure of success. Cameco is committed to providing an inclusive selection process, free from systemic barriers. We support employment equity and encourage all members of underrepresented groups (i.e., women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of racialized groups/visible minorities) to voluntarily disclose. Cameco welcomes applicants from all backgrounds, abilities, and experiences to apply.
Position and Responsibilities
- Operate Atlas Copco Raisebore drills (53R) and Cubex (scorpion) long hole drills and all associated equipment
- Co-ordinate set-up, teardown, and placements of Atlas Copco Raisebore Drills (53R) and Cubex drills
- Assist in the installation and removal of bits and reamers.
- Oversee training and safety of drilling personnel at second and third levels of progression.
Education and Qualifications
Requirements of the position:
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience as a Raisebore operator or Cubex driller in a mining environment
- Minimum of five years underground work experience
- Strong organizational, problem solving and communication skills
- Rotating day shift/night shift schedule
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft.
- Experience in Blasting long hole stopes
- Ability to obtain a Saskatchewan Blasting certificate
- Mine Rescue experience
- Ability to operate small pieces of equipment (Skid steer)
Preference will be given to qualified internal applicants and Residents of Saskatchewan’s North.
Safety Sensitive Site
Req ID #: 37631
Rate per hour: $53.31
Posted: September 27, 2022
Posting end date: October 18, 2022
The physical and psychological safety of our employee’s is a top priority at Cameco. We invite candidates to voluntarily disclose accommodation requirements, if contacted in relation to a job opportunity. Information received will be addressed confidentially and Cameco’s Workplace Inclusion and Accommodation Program document is available upon request. Successful candidates for all positions that will involve work at Safety Sensitive Sites or in Safety Sensitive Positions must take and pass a Substance Test, which includes marijuana, as a condition of employment. Marijuana remains in a user’s system for about 30 days, so applicants who recently used marijuana recreationally should not expect to pass a substance test. Cameco requires all Canadian employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Vacancies identified within a unionized work location will be governed by the respective collective bargaining agreement. In cases where a job opportunity exists, senior qualified employees shall be entitled to preference.