Riverpark Properties is a third-party property and asset management company located in Calgary, Alberta. Riverpark manages a portfolio of 1.9 million square feet of office, industrial and retail properties for a variety of clients. We are currently active in Calgary, Airdrie and Red Deer.
Riverpark works closely with property owners as a trusted advisor and partner, offering a flexible approach that is tailored to their needs. Our team is passionate about what we do and is motivated by our core values:
· We pay attention.
· We care.
· We ask why.
We are looking for an energetic and service-oriented experienced Building Operator to join our firm. In this role, the selected candidates will have diverse responsibilities and make a significant impact on the organization every day.
Our Building Operators are an essential part of our operations team. Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, you will oversee a diverse portfolio of properties and fulfill a wide variety of maintenance, repair, supervision and service functions for our properties.
· Prepare and maintain building operations information and keep service logs current
· Complete preventative maintenance tasks for each property
· Fulfill a reoccurring position in our On-Call rotation
· Respond professionally to tenant service requests in a timely manner, completing updates in Angus Anywhere and following up until completion
· Conduct scheduled inspections, including vacant space checks, building exterior rounds, common areas and utility rooms reviews
· Conduct ABSA mandated boiler checks and log sheets
· Troubleshoot building and equipment problems
· Supervise maintenance contracts and contractors to ensure work is completed properly, in a timely manner and in accordance with the quoted scope of service
· Ensure that all safety rules and procedures are followed, minimize safety hazards, and maintain a clean working environment
· Complete general housekeeping of interior as required
· Ensure exterior of properties are maintained in a tenant and customer friendly manner
· Exteriors to be safe, clean, free of litter with particular attention to mitigating slip or trip hazards
· Participate in delivering landlord work and tenant improvements. Monitor and inspect all work to ensure code compliance and adherence to specifications. Assist with preparation of deficiency lists and report concerns
· Obtain competitive service and maintenance quotes as required, review and provide a recommendation to Property Manager and Director of Operations
· Various other duties as assigned
· 4th or 5th Class Power Engineer’s Certificate of Competency
· 3-5+ years’ building operation and maintenance experience
· Valid class 5 driver's license and reliable vehicle for transportation
· Must be able to respond to after-hours emergencies
· Must successfully complete a criminal background check
· First aid certificate, WHMIS certification considered an asset
· Practical hands-on experience servicing multiple buildings daily is an asset
· Basic knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Building and Fire Codes is an asset
· Computer skills including Microsoft Outlook and working knowledge of Angus Anywhere or similar building maintenance software is an asset
· Excellent communication skills
· Demonstrates “Pride of Ownership” and can provide prompt, professional and courteous service to tenants
· Ability to work and communicate within a team, as well as independently
· Self-motivated, attention to detail and proven organizational skills
· Good judgment and ability to establish priorities
· Physically fit and capable of lifting 25kg
Job Type: Full-time
Safety is paramount and PPE is provided for all staff. We encourage safe COVID -19 practices such a physical distancing and masks when the 2M distance can not be followed.