Who we are:
Yorkton Aircraft Service Ltd. specializes in supporting the Canadian Aerial Application industry. We are
the largest ag air maintenance and parts facility in Canada. Customers fly to us from locations across the
prairies and we distribute parts across Canada.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a full-time employee to take over and lead our Parts Department. This is a new
position for the company. At this time, Parts Management is done by the company owners. They are
ready to pass on their knowledge and train the right positive-minded person.
The ideal candidate will have two or more years of experience working in a parts service capacity. A
quick learner and enjoy being challenged by a fast-paced dynamic environment. If you are not aviation
experienced, you must be looking for a new challenge in your service career.
As the Parts Specialist you will become the key person in supporting our customers, partnering
with our vendors, and supporting shop personnel.
Our company’s core values are Leadership, Teamwork and Delivering More. We assess for fit
with the company. You will be interviewed on these values.
This is a full-time position.
Primary duties include:
- Establish and maintain strong and professional working relationships with customers, vendors
and fellow team members.
- Effectively help whomever is looking for a part, find the “right” part in a timely fashion.
- Manage the company’s Warranty program
- Mange the company’s Parts Core program
- Assist in the management, control, supply and traceability of parts on a computerized system.
- Complete and maintain accurate records and documents as established in the company’s
policies and procedures.
o the aircraft maintenance personnel to manage parts needs (research, source, deliver on
o the Inventory Clerk to support their role in ordering, shipping, receiving inspections,
freight management, customs procedures and stores management;
o the Technical Records Coordinator to assist with parts documentation and traceability
o the Admin team in reviewing repair orders for accuracy prior to billing;
o the Marketing team on product promotion ideas and campaign success.
- Participate in all morning production meetings and in various training sessions as required.
- Strive for continued improvement of company internal systems to achieve the company’s
- After training and experience, become the first point of contact with customers and vendors;
manage their inquiries
o Customers in response to their needs (in person, phone, and emails) and making
knowledgeable and concise recommendations where additional parts may be beneficial
to a repair service;
o Customers upon their arrival at our facility;
o Vendors to manage the supply chain and their warranty programs;
Other duties as assigned:
- Develop parts quotes and assist with larger project planning (aircraft imports).
- Search out optional sources and opportunities for the company to consider;
- Represent the company as required at trade shows, conventions etc.
- Be a team member, assist as necessary, mentor as necessary.
- Become familiar with company policies and procedures.
- Be prepared to work on call during peak seasons on a rotational basis (June-September).
- Journeyman Parts certification is ideal and will be given preference.
- Aviation parts experience is preferred.
- 2-years or more experience in a parts sales and/or service role in the aviation or ag industry will
also be considered.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel) and the ability to learn industry specific
software systems in use here at YAS.
- Relevant experience in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Aviation is unique. We are a federally licenced Maintenance Organization. We must maintain compliance
with many regulations Parts Management is an integral process to our success. We will ask you about
your organizational skills and priority setting skills.
This is more than counter sales. You will be required to support the customer through and after the sale.
There are limited suppliers in this industry. We consider them partners.
What you must bring to the table:
- A Desire and Commitment to learn the industry – aviation policies and procedures are detailed
and very regulated. This job is not for you if you are easily overwhelmed with information
and multiple tasks.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal with strong listening skills. Strong English language
skills are a must.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to work well within tight deadlines.
- Ability to complete all associated paperwork and reporting for duties as required.
- Respond to requests with a sense of urgency-report status efficiently.
- Provide high level of customer satisfaction – both internally and externally.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a team environment and also capable of
performing duties independently.
What you will receive in return:
- Physically capable of lifting and moving parts and standing for prolonged periods.
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence and will be required to provide a driver abstract.
At the moment, parts management is handled by the company owners.
- The opportunity to develop an effective, successful and productive position.
- Job specific training as required.
- Continued support to grow in your position.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Excellent benefits package including extended health and dental, short- & long-term disability and
- Employer contributed pension plan on annual service basis.
- Workplace clothing allowance.
If you are confident you have what it takes to become a member of our team Please Apply!
Thank you to all who apply, but only those short-listed will be contacted.
To apply please email email@example.com