About Digital Days
Digital Days is a boutique Managed IT Services firm that specializes in servicing a wide variety of bilingual SMB companies across Canada with our customary "white glove" customer service. The Digital Days work environment is an accelerator for any growing IT professional, and for any Network Administrator focused on growth with a particular focus on high levels of customer service, Digital Days is the right place for you!
The Digital Days work environment is one that rewards responsibility and autonomy, all within a high-functioning team of administrators and technicians continuously working to achieve higher levels of service and knowledge. Steeped in the latest technologies, Digital Days leads clients through the latest in private, public, and hybrid cloud solutions for business.
Headquartered along Montreal's beautiful Lachine Canal, and featuring a daycare, gym, terrace, and restaurant services in-building, our open-concept loft environment inspires everyone who works here!
Network Administrators at Digital Days
At Digital Days, a network administrator is responsible for planning, deploying, maintaining, upgrading and monitoring any software or hardware associated with IT networks. The IT network may extend to a LAN, WAN/Internet, and Intranet, including private, hybrid, and public cloud systems.
Network Administrators are also expected to lead team members in the deployment of projects and their resolution of tickets, as well as to interface with clients when necessary.
Network Administrator Tasks
- Autonomously plan and execute infrastructure projects
- Provide analysis, expertise and evaluation of project deliverables
- Document all changes to the project and report frequently on project progress to team members
- Supervise support activities following implementation
- Administration of Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Office 365
- Install, configure, and manage Microsoft Windows PCs and Servers (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, IIS, GPO, WSUS, etc)
- Install, configure, manage, update and upgrade Microsoft SharePoint
- Install, configure, monitor and update firewall solutions
- Install, configure, monitor and update AV solutions
- Install, configure, monitor and update Backup solutions
- Install, configure, manage, update and upgrade PCI-compliant solutions
- Provide technical support to end users in support of level 1 and level 2 technicians
- Monitor and enhance network security and over all availability
- Configuration and administration of SSL VPN solutions
- Create and maintain in depth technical documentation of system components, and document problem resolution in our ticketing system
- Plan and configure monitoring
- Make sure deadlines are respected
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Job Requirements for Network Administrators
- DEC in a job-related field, or equivalent
- 4 years of IT experience as a network administrator
- 2 years of experience in project execution
- Fluency in English and French, both oral and written
- Experience configuring, deploying and troubleshooting solutions such as Active Directory, LAN/WAN networking, firewalls, switches, WIFI technology, Exchange, Office 365, and cloud solutions.
- IT problem solving skills (hardware, software, and cloud)
- Basic scripting skills
- Experience with Dell EMC, Fortinet, Juniper and Cisco a plus
- Experience with Linux a plus
Advantages at Digital Days
- Competitive salary, depending on your experience
- Direct access to the Lachine Canal, minutes from downtown Montreal
- Open office space and open culture
- Opus card paid in part by the company
- Games in the office to help you to relax
- Restaurant on site
- Gym on site
- Daycare on site
- Public terrace overlooking the Canal
If you believe that you are the ideal candidate for the job, apply now and join our friendly, flexible, and dynamic team!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Network Administration: 4 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- English & French (Required)