Position: Shift Manager
Duration/Type: Full Time
Location: 4710 Jane St., North York ON
Salary: $15.00-$17.00 per hour; The gross salary paid is subject to all applicable Federal and Provincial income taxes and other statutory deductions such as EI and CPP.
Other Benefits: None; other than employer EI & CPP contributions
Vacation: 4% of the gross salary
Hours of Work: 35-40 Hours a week; Overtime applicable at the rate of 1.5 after 44 hours of work per week. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays. Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities
- Manage the shift by supervising, coordinating and scheduling activities of shift staff
- Supervise the food preparation to ensure that food safety and operations standards are maintained.
- Assign, oversee and evaluate the work. Recommending promotion, transfer, or termination of employees. May conduct written and verbal staff evaluations.
- Perform paperwork duties and assist with product orders and inventory as needed.
- Assist with planning of special events and promotions.
- Identify and estimate quantities of foods, beverages, and supplies to be ordered
- Resolve customer complaints and rectify issues to provide highest level of satisfaction.
- Responsible for inventory management and cash control systems for the assigned shift
- Make sure that all local and national food safety codes are maintained
- Prepare assigned shift sales report using POS software and brief the management
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 1 year (Required)
- North York, ON (Preferred)