Protemps Protege is recruiting for a Field Service Technician
- Field Service Technician for Industrial Weighing and Labeling Systems
Duties and responsibilities:
Working in a team of experienced Field Service Technicians, your primary responsibility will be providing on-site repairs, installations, off-site remote troubleshooting and preventative maintenance of equipment.
Education, Qualification and Experience:
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year technical school or college; or 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good analytical skills for logical troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Capable of reading wiring diagrams, schematics and spare part break downs.
- Knowledgeable in mechanical work understanding of mechanical processes.
- Experienced in repair and installation of PC-based devices or processor controlled equipment (primarily board change level).
- Strong knowledge of operating systems, especially MS Windows OPS.
- Ability to set up and troubleshoot both wired and wireless network connected devices.
- Familiar with TCP/IP based connections and other system bus protocols.
- Proficiency with the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to listen to customer concerns and communicate all job related topics in an efficient and comprehensive manner.
- Proven initiative and a professional "can do", pleasant attitude.
- Customer focused, self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record required.
- Enjoys traveling to multiple locations.
- Able to work flexible work hours including nights and weekends.
- Capable of intermittently lifting 60 to 80lbs.
- Able to physically bend and/ or crawl within confined spaces.
- Capable of safely climbing ladders and encountering various heights.
- Working in unusual climates such as industrial freezers.
Job Type: Full-time