Shifts: We currently require someone for evening and weekend work.
There would also be opportunity to pick-up additional shifts when others are away/sick, etc.
This position can take place outside the hours of public transportation. We recommend driving to this position.
Assist full-time staff with the following:
- Cleans and maintains facility, sweeps, washes and strips floors, vacuums, washes windows and doors, cleans washrooms, change rooms, empties garbage etc.
- Liaises with the public to provide information regarding the facility, to arrange room rentals, etc.
- Monitors user functions to ensure that building security is maintained and the rental contract is adhered to
- Set up meeting rooms for user functions including large weddings, dances etc. cleans rooms and takes down chairs, tables etc. following each function
- Maintain building grounds
- Records incidents of injury, vandalism etc.
- Safe and efficient operation, care and maintenance of tools and equipment
- Ice maintenance, i.e. moving nets during flooding, opening/closing doors
- Crowd control during events
- Laboring duties include climbing, lifting, balancing, kneeling, stooping, walking, handling materials to assist in the maintenance of the Minto skating Center
- Maintain daily written records of work-related activities
- Assist staff with repairs and maintenance as required reporting any defects to the Superintendent or designate
- Provide exceptional customer service
Skills and Abilities:
- Computer expertise in corporate standard software (Microsoft)
- Ability to work in a team environment, accept and follow verbal and written instructions, complete duties to an acceptable level of quantity and quality with minimal supervision and follow all of the Minto Skating Center Safety Policies and Procedures
- Ability to deal with the public courteously and effectively
- Must be a reliable team player, able to work with and without direct supervision
- Must be motivated, hardworking individual able to work outside in all weather (hot, dusty, cold and wet)
- Able to lift 30 lbs to 50 lbs
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
Education and Experience:
- High School- minimum of 16 years of age
- Previous experience in janitorial or building maintenance is an asset
- Standard First Aid with CPR Level C preferred
- Must be currently enrolled in a secondary education institution or institution of high learning on a full time basis and be returning to school full time at the next available term
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 per hour