A rewarding and challenging experience awaits you at Hotel X Toronto, a member of Library Hotel Collection. We are an International Hotel Company and pride ourselves on delivering a novel approach to hospitality. The Library Hotel Collection has a commitment to kind, unpretentious, customer-focused service that has resulted in numerous awards over the years. Hotel X Toronto will offer luxury in a relaxed setting right on the water and will play a role in the community beyond that of a traditional hotel.
Join our entrepreneurial team of professionals. If you excel in a fast-paced environment, possess a strong work ethic and are passionate about delivering quality and memorable experiences then don’t delay, contact us today!
Responsible for the daily communication of all housekeeping activities between Front Office, Maintenance, Laundry and relevant departments. Ensure that guest requests are acted upon immediately. Ensure that housekeeping operations are carried out and maintain high standards at all times.
Role and Responsibilities
- Phone service will be highly efficient
- Provides exceptional and professional service to our guests and colleagues
- Comfortable making responsible decisions and recommendations for effective problem solving
- Receives and effectively directs guest calls for housekeeping items
- Follows up on internal and guest calls to ensure requests were resolved
- Utilizes HOTSOS system to maintain contact with housekeeping colleagues
- Logs all calls, tracking guests requests
- Attends to any guest complaint to ensure the guest need is met, dialogue with guest is tracked, and follows-up with leader
- Ensures all HOTSOS calls are monitored for tracking guest's requests
- Ensures work area is well organized and kept in a clean-functional manner
- Completes all other duties as assigned
- Guest oriented with a sincere, helpful, caring and friendly personality
- Able to work well with others
- Able to take initiative within given guidelines
- Pays precise attention to detail, order and cleanliness
- Has exceptional energy, flexibility and professionalism
- Enjoys offering exceptional service and meeting the needs of others
- Has effective communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Has exceptional phone manner
- Able to comfortably work with computers
- Excellent organization skills are essential
- Able to adapt in a fast pace, constant changing environment within a dynamic work schedule
- Able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Is flexible with their schedule, able to work long hours, shift work, evenings, weekends and holidays as business levels require
- Responsible for special guest requests and requirements. That all such requirements are dealt with in a speedy, efficient and formal manner and correctly logged. When communicating with hotel guests, where applicable please use their names.
- Ensure that guest feedback/compliments are handled in a professional manner, regardless of guest or in house staff member. Take immediate corrective action and ensure that such complaints/compliments are passed on to the Director of Housekeeping.
- Responsible for daily update of computer information in regard to the status of work performed by room attendants and supervisors. Ensure that all information is updated periodically during each shift and front office is informed of any discrepancies.
- Liaise daily with maintenance in regard to computer generate request for repairs of guestrooms, related areas and equipment. Any discrepancies and work not performed to standard to be reported to the Director of Housekeeping.
Minimum of 2 years in hotel operations, experience within a luxury hotel environment is a plus.
Qualified candidates will possess: A working knowledge of hotel operating system OPERA, and procedures is a plus. Pre-opening experience is an asset.
An intermediate level of competency in all Microsoft office components preferred.
High school diploma an asset.
Hotel X Toronto is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Hotel Operations: 2 years (Preferred)