At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We’re a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence. Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we’ve grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter–from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
Overview of the Role
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Operator, Packaging Machine is responsible for the Food Safe and secure mechanical deployment and sealing of the prescribed finished product to the prescribed packaging material, at the prescribed weight or volume within the timeline scheduled. Compliance related to the sanitation, accuracy and general performance of the filling equipment requires the Packaging Machine Operator to disassemble, C.O.P. (manual sanitation), inspect, perform Sanitary and Soft Maintenance, re-assemble, and sanitize equipment, accessories, tools and the general work environment to ensure the highest quality of his/her packaged product are achieved.
How you will make contributions that matter:
- Accountable for product verification, fill weight control, product loss control, packaging efficiency, package quality and identification, finished product quality, and finished product/package quantity.
- All neatly and accurately completed documentation related to the latter and any additional Food Safety, HACCP, Personal Safety affirmations, or Deviations with Corrective Action follow up.
- Vigilant in practicing and guarding activities within the Pasteurized Product Packaging Area to prevent biological, chemical or physical contamination of product.
- Coordinate Waste and Recycling Activities including organized collection and removal of materials to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Inter-departmental partnership and communications to promote efficient and effective execution of process.
- Embrace and foster Environmental and Sustainability initiative
- Embrace and foster attention to JSA (Job Safety Analysis), Risks, their mitigating procedures, Personal Protective Equipment and all other Personal Safety initiatives.
- Must be prepared to function in a rotational shift schedule
- Comply with GMP, HACCP & BRC standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
You are best suited for the role if you have the following qualifications:
- Must possess a complete understanding of product types and characteristics to conduct visual and organoleptic inspection and confirmation of product quality
- Must perform accurate testing procedures and compilation of documentation as it pertains to a 100% commitment to the Plant HACCP Program.
- Must maintain all recognized cleaning, good housekeeping and sanitation practices (compliance of Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Must have good communication, organizational skills and legible handwriting.
- Mechanical Aptitude is necessary to perform well in this position.
- Must pass the Employee Aptitude and Basic Skills test.
We support and care for our employees and their families by providing:
- Competitive compensation
- Advantageous corporate agreements
- Full range of group insurance benefits
- Group retirement pension plan with employer contribution
- Purchase option of company stocks
- Group RRSP
- Health and wellness program in the workplace
- Assistance program for employees and their families
- Saputo products at a discounted price
We support employment equity. Saputo strives to embed diversity and inclusion in its operations and invites candidates from all horizons to join its family.
Our story began in Canada in 1954, when the Saputo family's hard work and dedication created a thriving dairy business. More than 65 years later, our roots in this country remain strong with our Corporate Headquarters in Montréal. Today, we are a leading cheese manufacturer and fluid milk and cream processor in Canada with well-loved brands, such as Saputo, Alexis de Portneuf, Armstrong, Baxter, Dairyland, Joyya, Milk2Go, Milk2Go Sport, Neilson, Nutrilait, Scotsburn* and Woolwich Goat Dairy. Thanks to our national footprint, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and consumers, and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise.*
- Join the Saputo Dairy Products Canada team to make your contributions matter every day!*
- SCOTSBURN is a registered trademark and is used under license by Saputo Dairy Products Canada G.P.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purposes only. All open jobs offered by Saputo Inc. and all companies, corporations, partnerships, limited partnerships and other entities controlled by Saputo Inc. (collectively, “Saputo”) on Saputo's web site are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a Saputo subsidiary, office or department, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance. The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While Saputo attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting. Strict confidentiality will be observed at all times. Saputo is an equal opportunity employer. The information on this site is for information purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.*
- Saputo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations may be available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.*
Job Type: Full-time