Intern, High Performance
May - August 2020
Performance Analyst/Regional Manager
Do you want to gain invaluable work experience in the world of amateur sport? Have you ever
wanted to help grow the game of soccer in Ontario?
Ontario Soccer is actively searching for talented and ambitious individual who are passionate about
the field of sport management and want to apply their knowledge at Canada’s largest provincial
Founded in 1901, Ontario Soccer is comprised of more than 650 Clubs and Private Academies
servicing over 24,000 teams with 380,000 registered players, 70,000 coaches and managers, and
10,000 match officials, as well as countless volunteers, parents and supporters comprising a direct,
multi-cultural community of over 1,000,000 Ontarians.
Ontario Soccer develops and delivers exceptional and sustainable programs and services
throughout Ontario with the mission of providing leadership and support for the advancement of
soccer in collaboration and cooperation with our membership, partners and other stakeholders.
Ontario Soccer also operates the Ontario Player Development League (OPDL) - Ontario’s premier
standards based youth development league.
An overall goal of Ontario Soccer is to assist with the development of soccer as a healthy lifestyle
choice, provide a talented pathway for players to excel and encourage community involvement at all
This position provides support for the High Performance Team of Ontario Soccer. With an emphasis
on the coordination, reporting, player tracking, analytics and scheduling within the Ontario Player
Development League and Talented Pathway. The tracking and maintenance of assessors’
qualifications is also a major component of this position. This position is responsible for assisting
the Manager, High Performance in matters relating to the Ontario Soccer’s High Performance
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support planning and implementation of software system used for tracking players in the
Ontario Soccer’s Talented Pathway.
- Work closely with the Performance Analyst/Regional Manager to provide assistance in
Talented Pathway programming.
- Work with Ontario Soccer partners to provide Ontario Soccer services that help to enhance
their product on and off the field.
- Respond to communications from our Talented Pathway membership in a timely fashion
- Assist in the management and delivery of the player tracking platform and Talented Pathway
- Assist in inventory and management of equipment
- Additional duties as assigned by Ontario Soccer
- Must be receiving a course credit for completing the internship
- Applicants NOT currently enrolled in an internship program at a post-secondary institution will not be eligible.*
Skills and Competencies:
- A comprehensive understanding of the Ontario Soccer programming and landscape
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Player Development League
- Currently completing Post-Secondary education in sports administration.
- The candidate must possess initiative and relationship building skills
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills, analytical skills and business
- Strong time management and proficiency skills
- A demonstrated proficiency in the use of common technology and computer platforms (i.e.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
Please submit your cover letter and resume (with Intern, High Performance as the subject) to:
Friday, March 27, 2020 at 5:00 pm
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be