ICE Western Sales Ltd. started back in 1991 in Calgary, Alberta.
ICE Western Sales is a Manufacturer of a highly complex custom air handling equipment & special application design equipment for industries such as Oil refineries, Oil sands process buildings, potash and mining, commercial make-up air equipment, and institutional custom applications of heating, cooling, energy recovery and ventilating equipment. ICE Western sales also represent a full line of hydronic forced air, fan coils & Radiant hydronic equipment, providing products throughout Canada and U.S.A.
We are a rapidly growing organization with over 150 employees. WE have manufacturing facility dedicated to HVAC and second facility is focused on Data Center Products.
ICE Western is committed to provide service, safety as well as innovation of our products.
ICE Western Sales is experiencing unprecedented growth, and has an immediate opening for a Buyer position. We know that talented people are essential to maligning our success in the future. We provide an environment where employees can take their skills, talents, experience and interests to the next level to grow professionally and build rewarding careers. We offer competitive wages and benefits. Please apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify purchase requisitions, clarify unclear items.
- Order parts, consumables for shop floor.
- Obtain price quotations from catalogs and suppliers – Negotiation capabilities
- Order materials and maintain stock levels
- Prepare purchase orders by verifying specifications, price and availability
- Monitor and expediting orders
- Manage relationships with vendors to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery and compliance to terms of contracts
- Keep updated records
- Monitor inventory levels for consumables and ensure adequate stock is maintained
- Source non-inventory items from suppliers
- Process warranties/RMA
- Identify damaged or defective parts & Coordinate return of defective parts from the customer
- Arrange return of warranty parts to the supplier
- Excellent computer skills including MS office, minimum of intermediate level in Excel, outlook and word
- Syspro knowledge is an asset
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Proven experience as a purchasing agent or relevant role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and strong attention to detail
- Analytical thinker – Specifically as it pertains to inventory
- Work in a team environment
- Health and Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- RRSP program
- Long Term Disability Program
- Paid Vacation
- Employee assistance program
Acknowledgement of job description: I have read and understand the job description regarding my employment with ICE Western Sales Ltd.
ICE Western has competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program.
Company COVID-19 Compliance
ICE Western is taking action to contain COVID-19. We are fulfilling our general obligation or duty to ensure that the health and safety of every person employed in the company is protected while they are working. ICE promotes regular and thorough hand washing, put sanitizing hand rub dispensers in prominent places around the workplace and provide access to places where staff, contractors, and customers can wash their hands with soap and water. Also, we keep the workplace clean and hygienic, promote good respiratory cleanliness and comply with Alberta Health Services’ guidelines to keep our employees safe during COVID-19 pandemic.
Electronic resume only. NO walk-ins.