Property management company is planning to fill a full - time position for a bookkeeper/accountant.
We are looking to fill the full-time position of a book-keeper/accountant with working experience with a property management company. You need to able to communicate directly with tenants and owners as well as have the ability to take responsibility and to work within our team.
Full cycle accounting for property management company
· Supervise junior bookkeeper and administrative staff with data entry of expenses and income;
· Participate and supervise monthly bill payments;
· Monthly Bank reconciliation of trust accounts and general accounts;
· Prepare and send monthly client statements;
· Prepare monthly equity distribution together with management;
· Plan for anticipated client expenses and create holdbacks;
· Determine monthly non-resident withholding tax amounts and prepare payment to Canada Revenue Agency;
· Preparation of GST Returns;
· Preparation monthly payroll for property management staff;
· Preparation of yearly reconciliation for expense recoveries and charge back for commercial tenants.
Education and experience:
- Accounting degree, preferable CPA (Chartered professional accountant) student or member
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position
Knowledge and Skills Standards:
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of Rent Manager an asset but not essential
- Fluent in English
WHAT WE OFFER
- We will offer a remuneration package based on experience and performance
- Supportive and open work environment
- Flexible hours that allow for a great work-life balance
All resumes will be reviewed, however, only qualified applicants will receive a response.
Reference ID: Bookkeeper-PMC
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.00-$28.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bookkeeping: 2 years (required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19