Reporting to the Senior therapist and management staff while delivering Applied Behavioural Analysis techniques and conducting the Assessment of Basic Functional Living Skills (AFLS) to youth on the Autism Spectrum. You will write detailed progress reports, consistently recording data on your learner’s progress and accurately graph the results. Additionally, you will participate in team meetings and work collaboratively with the consulting Behaviour Analysts.
Please note the following requirements BEFORE applying:
* Must be flexible 7 days a week. The schedule is prepared 2 weeks in advance.
* Supervision hours IF applicable for the chosen candidate
* Minimum 3 years experience to be eligible for this position
* Experience working with youth on the autism spectrum
*Minimum 6 months contract for the chosen applicant.Part-time to full-time hours.Minimum 20 hours weekly.MUST BE FLEXIBLE. Start immediately.
*Please forward cover letter, resume and two references.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Apply ABA techniques in a one-on-one or group setting and consistently in all interactions with youth to promote improved social behavior.
- NOTE: Supervision hours towards BCBA if applicable
- Thoroughly follow programs and protocols implemented by the Senior Therapist when teaching skills, including skill acquisition programs.
- Implement relevant program evaluation processes and ensure programs are fulfilling the desired outcomes.
- Flag exceptional circumstances or behaviors and needed changes in program plans.
- Establishes and ensures a therapeutic and motivating environment is maintained.
- Provide clear and regular communication with family in a positive manner.
- Participate in continued training and development and maintain required certifications.
- Willingness to provide coverage as requested.
- Actively contribute to meetings and to a positive workplace environment.
- Report all incidents immediately in accordance with our policies or other identified problems and possible solutions to the manager.
- Supports the mission, values, vision, principles and follows the policies and procedures of Senior Therapist has outlined including confidentiality of all client and family.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Analyzes data and uses judgment in selecting appropriate actions, with assistance from colleagues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with family and colleagues.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills to manage multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate well on a team taking initiative and motivation.
- Demonstrate positive support and sensitivity to the needs of individual and family.
- Maintain a positive attitude and a willingness to be flexible.
- Bachelor of Psychology, Behavioural Sciences and or related field
- Practical experience of 3 years plus in the field of Autism
- Comprehensive understanding of the principles and techniques of Applied Behaviour Analysis.
Certifications as an added bonus:
- First Aid and CPR
- Registered Behavioural Technician and Crisis Prevention Intervention
We are based out of the client's home in Mississauga.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $30.00 to $35.00 /hour
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)