There is an immediate openings for an experienced COOK
The ideal candidate must have a proven track record in the hospitality industry, plus a desire to continue building a more successful career.
Enjoy the challenge of working with people, in a customer focused environment. You need to be flexible, adaptable, enjoy problem-solving and be able to work as part of a team.
As a COOK, you will be an important member of a team that creates an atmosphere of supporting guest expectations. You will be responsible for preparing food in one of our many sections of the kitchen and reporting to kitchen leadership. You will prepare and cook full course meals, prepare and cook individual dishes and foods, plan menus, prepare and store foods concurrent to Provincial Health and Safety Structures, maintain inventory and records of food, supplies, and equipment, work with specialized equipment, and work with minimal supervision.
You will be required to work in sections of the kitchen including a la carte and banquets. We commit to giving you the training, tools, support and feedback required to be successful; achieving excellence is up to you.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the preparation of all food items for the hotel’s Food and Beverage Lounge, Room Service, Banquets and Catering Facilities.
- Obtains a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food menu items, daily features and promotions.
- Participates in the planning and development of daily specials with the Executive Chef.
- Prepares dishes for guests with food allergies and intolerances.
- Ensure appropriate presentation and garnishment of dishes.
- Performs daily checks of all food items to ensure freshness and quality standards.
- Actively prevents over production, spoilage and contamination of food items.
- Ensure the cleanliness of all work areas, equipment and utensils.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations and maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- Adheres to all of Hilton’s policies, procedures and service standards.
- Consistently offers professional, friendly and proactive guest service.
- Actively shares ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily pre-shift briefings.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Executive Chef/Culinary Leadership Team.
- Previous experience in the Culinary field is considered an asset.
- Food Handlers Certificate will be a must
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Appearance must be neat and well groomed.
- Good command of English.
- Must be flexible with shifts and hours. We do require candidates to be available on weekdays, weekends and holidays for both day shifts and evening shifts.
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Physical Demands: Excessive standing, walking, lifting and bending.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Culinary Arts: 1 year (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)