About the Company
Pollard Windows Inc. is a 100% owned and operated family business located in Burlington, Ontario. A proud Canadian manufacturer that is engaged in the design, development and marketing and selling of both windows and doors in Canada and the United States. Today, Pollard operates out of a 300,000 square foot state-of-the-art manufacturing plant and they are recognized as a leader in new and replacement window manufacturing.
The Jr. Estimator is responsible for assisting the Estimator with all aspects of estimating the most complex and large-scale jobs, including pre-construction, budgets, general conditions and subcontractor relations. Must have a clean DMV record.
Duties and Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to the Following:
- Conducts site inspections and collaborates with field team to ensure accurate data collection for bid generation and project execution;
- Conducts take-offs, prepares cost estimates, project schedules and material procurement processing for commercial window, door, storefront, curtain wall, and paneling systems for projects up to $3,000,000;
- Prepares and submits attractive, accurate and competitive bid packages;
- Collaborates with Estimator in negotiating most favorable terms with customers, suppliers and subcontractors;
- Prepares, coordinates and tracks RFIs, submittals, change orders and material orders;
- Collaborates with Field Operations Manager in executing projects in accordance with contract terms and conditions, workforce and safety compliance requirements;
- Ensures up to date, complete and accurate records, budgets, schedules and progress reports;
- Participates in quality control inspections and improvements;
- Establishes and nurtures relationships with industry professionals, manufacturers, general contractors, subcontractors and public agencies;
- Improves efficiencies and skills through use of current technologies.
- Providing proposals to customers to replace or repair windows, glass, etc.
- Must have excellent customer service, communication, organization and leadership skills.
- Must develop relationships with the customer base to ensure excellent customer relations.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as with a team.
- Must have knowledge of door hardware and glazing.
- Must be highly self motivated.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- Recent graduate with College degree in architecture, engineering or construction management preferred;
- Proficient at understanding and translating construction plans, drawings and specifications and generating accurate take-offs and estimates;
- Excellent math, formulation and configuration skills;
- Keen attention to detail, organization and mechanical aptitude;
- Proficient use of estimating, scheduling and project management software and AutoCAD;
- Team Player with Excellent Communication Skills
- Must Have Above Average Computer Skills, and Willing to Learn In-House Software Program
- Valid Driver’s license; must provide clean driver’s abstract
- Minimum of 1 year of industry experience preferred
- Skilled at reading, understanding, and interpreting drawings and specifications
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook and other computer software packages required
- Displays excellent organizational skills and is able to effectively prioritize estimating tasks
- Professionalism Both in Person and Over the Phone
- Ability to Effectively Utilize Microsoft Office, Including Spreadsheets
- Undergrad or Diploma/ Certificate in Architectural Technology Preferred
- Excellent Attention to Detail
- Strong Willingness to Learn Product
- Works Well Under Pressure and Fast Paced Environments
- Office and offsite requirements - Indoor and Outdoor
- Dress appropriately for the weather conditions and office temperatures and within the Company Dress Code
- Must wear Safety Shoes for Construction Sites and all other required PPE
- Some lifting up to 50 lbs may be required from time to time
- Monday to Friday, any Overtime as required - Flexibility with schedule is necessary. 40 hours per week.
- Will be working in an office environment or onsite at Customer locations
- Company will provide: Laptop, brochures and materials required for sales.
Employee will provide their own cell phone, and reliable vehicle
Pollard Windows Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment. All qualified applicants are welcome to apply and will receive consideration for employment based on company needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, marital status, general identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, race, colour, religion or belief, age, physical or mental disability or any status protected by the Employment Equity Act.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- estimating: 1 year (Preferred)