JOIN OUR TEAM
Gateway Healthcare is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated person to engage in patient care within a high volume, multidisciplinary team. Gateway Healthcare is a large, progressive medical practice located in Abbotsford BC. We are searching for a patient-oriented individual wishing to contribute to our positive work environment, fully engaged in our organizations' purpose.
We are currently looking for an MOA with 4+ years experience to work with our Admin A Team at the Front Desk. You will be proficient in not only customer service but also have proven expertise in an EMR software system (preferably Profile).
Under the direction of and collaboration with the clinic management team, the successful candidate, will operate in accordance with Gateway Healthcare’s vision, purpose and values with an emphasis on Patient Care and Service.
Skills and Abilities
This Team Member must have:
- Excellent Customer Service Skills with a willingness to attend to patient needs and requests; going the extra mile to engage patients quickly and effectively.
- Communication skills in order to understand and communicate information effectively in writing, by phone or in person.
- Problem Solving Skills including determining solutions to a patient’s problem and resolving issues effectively.
- Willingness to work as part of a team in frequent collaboration with other members (physicians, nurses, team leads, clinic staff and patients).
- Willingness to learn and use new systems including an electronic medical record program.
General qualifications we look for:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, patients and external agencies.
- Knowledge of health administrative practices and ability to adhere to organizational policies, procedures and systems.
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Word, Excel & Microsoft Office.
- Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize. Accuracy and detail-oriented crucial.
- Ability to take initiative and to exercise sound judgment, decision-making and problem-solving expertise.
- Knowledge of or experience with MSP, ICBC & WCB procedures is an asset
Specific Reception/Runner Qualifications:
- Meet and Greet patients
- Escort patient to exam room
- Opening & closing clinic
- Schedule appointments & appointment maintenance
- Set up patient in rooms for physicals
- Clean rooms
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens
- Treatment room set up
- Measure patients weight and height, including infant/child measurements
- Monitor/record medical inventory levels
- Review forms and take payment
Education, Training and Experience
The following training and experience are assets of the successful candidate:
- 4+ years of Medical Office experience including Customer Service
- Strong computer skills and high level of comfort using technology. Experience with Profile EMR, Google Apps, and cloud based storage programs an asset.
- A graduate of a recognized medical office assistance, unit clerk, dental assistant or veterinary assistant program is not a necessity but consideration will be given to the mentioned training.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent