- Assist pharmacist and pharmacy technician to process prescriptions
- Greet customers and answer basic questions
- Be familiar with stocked medication
- Defer to pharmacist for more complex inquiries
- Input customer and prescription information into computer system
- Type and print out prescription labels
- Help gather and bag prescriptions
- Answer phones in a professional manner
- Tend to emails and fax messages
- Take and track inventory, restocking when needed
- Assist in organizing and shelving medicine
- Accept and process deliveries
- Frequently clean and organize workspace
- Assist with billing needs
- Perform various administration duties as needed (filing, copying forms, till counting, etc.)
- Manage cash register and complete transactions
- Stock shelves, counters or tables with merchandise
- Set up advertising displays or arrange merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales.
- Stamp, mark or tag prices on merchandise.
- Obtain merchandise requested by customer or receive merchandise selected by customer.
- Answer customer questions concerning location, price and use of merchandise.
- Total price and tax on merchandise purchased by customer to determine bill.
- Accept payment and make change. Wrap or bag merchandise for customers.
- Remove and record amount of cash in register at end of shift.
- Manage sales discount to determine price.
- Keep record of sales, prepare inventory of stock and order merchandise.
- Keep the Retail and Dispensary area clean and orderly.
- Attend FedEx Ship Centre Customers
- Deliver on demand prescriptions to patients and facilities
Skills & Qualifications
- High School Diploma
- Diploma from a Pharmacy Assistant credited course preferred
- Previous Pharmacy Experience preferred
- Retail Experience an Asset
- Exceptional customer service skills with a talent for building customer loyalty
- Effective communication skills
- MS Office
- Effective organizational skills, ability to multi task
- Problem Solving Skills
- Strong attention to detail
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00-$16.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- RETIAL OR PHARMACY: 1 year (Preferred)