Join our Global Technology Operations team!
Are you motivated by the opportunity to delight your clients by providing them with innovative solutions to complex technical problems? These are exciting times for CGI, and we are looking for passionate individuals to journey with us. You have a pioneering spirit and flourish with innovation where you can influence the direction of technical strategy.
Additionally, the ideal candidate has mad coding skills with a detailed knowledge of Windows and Linux systems. You thrive in a highly technical role where the challenges are as diverse as they are abundant. If you have an outstanding combination of coding and IT skills then you may be our ideal candidate!
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Your future duties and responsibilities
As a member of the DevOps Team, the System Administrator, DevoOps will work with Development, QA and Production Operations teams to serve as a technical SME responsible for the IT Infrastructure and Platform as a Service offerings.
- Design, build and execute against client's Infrastructure (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings.
- Ingrate and help define requirements for client's Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offerings.
- Automate all aspects of infrastructure and platform services.
- Build the design, implementation, and ongoing management of systems that deliver against strict requirements for functionality, scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Serve as a senior technical escalation point for critical pre-production issues and drive escalation/resolution of problems into Development, QA, and Operations teams.
- Collaborate with development to design in-house monitoring tools/software for leading the SCM and Development Operations environments.
- Adopt, customize and implement best practice DevOps policies and DevOps procedures.
- Provide Senior Management with metrics and other reporting materials for the executive team.
- Work closely with strategic planning groups to provide future technology direction that fits the vision of senior leadership.
- Develop and define processes and procedures to proactively run all pre-production and production environments.
- Work with multiple in-house and external Software Configuration Management (SCM) teams to assist in new architectural needs and optimize existing environments to improve workflow and productivity.
- Help to build, automate and monitor our infrastructure.
- Accelerate the engineering team's productivity by creating scripts, tools, utilities or code to address issues with new projects and existing operational procedures.
- Develop code, build systems and tools to automate deployments and operations tasks more effectively and consistently.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Technology related bachelor's degree (Computer Science preferred).
- 5 years of senior level server administration experience in a large-scale production environment.
- 3 years cloud administration experience in development and production environments
- Strong understanding of agile development workflow and process.
- Strong understanding of quality assurance methodologies, workflow, and process.
- Deep understanding of centralized (n-tier) and decentralized (microservices) application models.
- Experience with deployment of configuration management and automation solutions
- Expertise in building scalable, high performance development and production infrastructure systems
- Ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and resolve complicated issues with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity.
- Proficient in scripting and programming languages.
- Private & Hybrid Cloud Architectures
- VMware ESX (Hypervisor)
- Dev Ops Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Private and Public Cloud experience with many of the following:
- VMware vRealize
- Ansible Tower
- MS Azure
- Cloud Foundry or OpenShift
- CM Experience – Puppet is ideal, but will consider Chef, Ansible or Salt
- Expertise scripting in Python, Bash, PowerShell, etc.
- Experience integrating RESTful APIs across multiple technologies
- Basic TCP/IP networking knowledge a plus
- Previous roles in QA or QA Automation considered a plus
This role can be located in any CGI office location across Canada: https://www.cgi.com/en/offices?field_address_country_code=CA