- Must have current Federal Government of Canada Reliability Status (minimum) contract security clearance.
- Must work from home with some travel required primarily within, but not limited to, client sites within the GTA and Ottawa area. May be required to work full or part time from client's offices.
- Must be willing to work outside normal work schedule to achieve deadlines.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive medical, dental, and counseling benefits
- Company-sponsored RRSP-matching benefits
- Flexible schedules
- Supportive and involved management
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
JEA is currently looking for two Senior System Administrators experienced in the installation, configuration and integration of software and Oracle middleware and database products.
The Senior Systems Administrators are responsible for the technical design and implementation of system solutions to meet client business, operational, technical and security requirements ensuring projects achieve desired outcomes. Work may involve coordinating infrastructure details with client technical staff, 3rd party vendors and/or Cloud providers.
We need a person who has a passion for excellence, wants to be part of a winning team, can work independently under general guidance and is looking for a position that will bring fulfillment and growth.
WHAT DO WE EXPECT?
As a member of the Engineering team, you will fulfill the role of in-house expert regarding assigned aspects of the technical architecture:
- Designing infrastructure and platform solutions.
- Performing deployments, upgrades, and performance testing.
- Creating and maintaining installation guides and technical architecture documentations.
- Identification and resolution of system issues.
- Contributing to client / vendor communications/approvals and change management processes.
- Identifying architecture-related risks and developing mitigation strategies.
- Developing and maintaining expertise related to system component relationships, requirements and limitations.
- Conducting research and analysis, and developing options related to potential improvements, new technologies, etc., and preparing recommendations for management consideration.
- Developing and maintaining expertise in the technical architecture; contributing to the enhancement of expertise within the company.
WHAT ARE YOU BRINGING?
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or a software development / computer technician related discipline is required.
Our ideal candidate has recent experience with the following:
- Information management, including privacy and security considerations.
- Architectures: J2EE, SOA and Cloud.
- Protocols & APIs: SOAP, REST, HTTP/HTTPS, JDBC, JMS.
- Security: LDAP, SSO, SAML, Active Directory (ideally knowledge of Oracle IDM)
- Networking: Firewalls, IDS, VLANs, routing.
- Frameworks: JEE, ADF.
- Installation, Configuration, and Management of the following Oracle 12c Products: Weblogic, Oracle Forms, Web Tier, Identity Management (IDM) (OIM/OAM), Enterprise Manager (OEM), Database Enterprise Edition, Forms, Business Intelligence (BI) Publisher, Advanced Queuing (AQ), JRockit, Wallet Manager, Process Manager and Notification Server (OPMN), SQL Plan Management.
- Apache HTTP Server configuration including: Mod_proxy, mod_proxy_http, mod_proxy_connect, mod_proxy_html, Mod_rewrite, Mod_certheaders, Mod_ossl, mod_oc4j and Mod_plsql.
- Operating Systems: Linux, Microsoft Windows.
- Other: PostgreSQL 10.1, HTTP session debugging using Fiddler, performance testing using JMeter, Java client console configuration and trace log file investigation.
- Writing Installation and configuration Guides including instructions on Oracle product installation.
- Working with a Managed Service Provider to implement solutions.
- Ideally knowledge and experience implementing Oracle Cloud solutions.
INTERESTED? GREAT! WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
To apply, forward your resume and a brief cover letter introducing yourself in an email with the subject line "Senior Systems Administrator - Indeed".
We appreciate and thank everyone interested in the position. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Experience in the role of System Administration: 3 years (Required)
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing solutions on Oracle products: 3 years (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
- Systems Administrator: 3 years (Required)
- design and implementation: 3 years (Required)
- Reliability Status Security Clearance: 1 year (Required)