Reporting to the Director of Quality, the incumbent is responsible for performing a range of quality assurance duties within this ISO registered company. This position is responsible for the quality systems, testing and performance standards of the plant and ensure customer specifications are met at each level of production. The incumbent will be responsible for developing inspection and test plans together with the promotion of and compliance with industry safety standards.
The incumbent will support the CGL team and our OEM customers by undertaking the following:
- Coordinate and develop new product integration including gauging, ITP, first article inspection.
- Ability to run a CMM in both manual and auto mode.
- Ability to program CMM for PCDMIS
- Conduct initial qualification testing of manufactured/machined products during preproduction and prototype stages.
- Perform product audits as applicable.
- Assist in set up, provide required gauging and conduct First Off Inspections.
- Implement and maintain quality systems, taking into account customer requirements while monitoring the quality levels of products for the facility.
- Provide technical support for Machined, Welded and Assembled products.
- Prepare and issue inspection test plans, employ preventative measures as required.
- Conduct training for new processes, personnel, and equipment.
- Participate in solving quality problems including supplier, internal, and customer.
- Process Engineering Change Notices where appropriate.
- Ensure necessary quality-related tools and procedures are available, controlled and used correctly and efficiently
- Assist in conducting inspection and testing finished products, raw materials and subcontracted intermediate products.
- Ensure the orderliness, cleanliness and efficiency of the Quality Department.
- Ensure that SPC charts are being completed where required.
- Other duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in quality management, product testing or inspection.
- Must be familiar with customer ISO and 8D, PPAP, first article inspection, SPC and data entry tools.
- Must have a working knowledge of CMM programming, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) and be able to read blueprints.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers in the analysis of data.
- Must be capable of putting together and giving presentations within the company as well as to customers when required.
- Must possess a working knowledge of manufacturing process control.
- Report writing and computer skills are required as is the ability to work shifts.
Job Type: Full-time
- CMM Programming: 1 year (Preferred)
- Quality Management, Product Testing or Inspection: 3 years (Preferred)