PRIMARY FUNCTION: Supervise the maintenance department to ensure proper operation of equipment, processes and physical plant. Supervise installation and removal of equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure proper installation of equipment.
- Provide preventive and breakdown maintenance.
- Purchase spare parts.
- Provide input into planning of equipment changes.
- Under direction of manager, purchase capital equipment.
- Assist in evaluation of new capital equipment.
- Supervise janitor and maintenance mechanics regarding competency, performance and safety.
- Instruct in day-to-day duties.
- Recommend hiring, terminating and promotions.
- Plan manpower requirements in department.
- Ensure physical condition of building and grounds.
- Provide input into planning of physical plant changes.
- Deal with subcontractors as necessary.
- Maintain preventive maintenance program.
- Implement and ensure compliance with ISO standards as applicable.
- Ensure equipment is capable of running to quality standards.
- May assist in safety audits of production equipment and physical plant.
- Sits on JH&S Committee.
- Respond to recommendations of joint health and safety committee.
- Ensure proper safety training of maintenance employees.
- Assist in accident investigations.
- Coordinates all pre-start reviews, has working knowledge of all CSA regulations as they relate to machines and equipment.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned or fall within scope of competency.
Job Type: Full-time