At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual back-grounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Position Description Summary
As a Contracts Administrator you will be responsible for assisting the Projects Team in the administration, the contractual management of commercials and contract service for all Projects. You will be handling and steering the preparation of legal and claims matters for your manager and the accountable Legal Advisor.
The support of the various operational units will be predominantly involve the interpretation and application of the contract and the pricing schedule and could result verbal advice or in an appropriate written response to Company.
Manage and oversee the Contract Communication tool and the formal communication with Company or subcontractors including documenting, variations and amendments of contract documents and scope of works.
Reporting of discrepancies between the Contract and actual work undertaken or requested by Company.
- Manage contracts including documenting, variations and amendments of contract documents
- As necessary liaise with dedicated Legal Advisor for clarification and direction about legal aspects and liabilities
- Advise on commercial consequences of variations and contract amendments
- Notify client formally where issues/ special circumstances or breaches of contract have taken place
- Liaise and support the Compliance team to ensure all relevant insurances are current and legal
- Implementation of Insurance tracking system
- Prepare contracts, for suppliers and subcontractors, highlighting relevant issues specific to the scope of work
- Notify subcontractors formally if issues or special circumstances and or where breaches of contract take place
- Investigate unpaid rejected cost reports by client to establish responsibility based on contract provisions
- Manage and the claims process with all relevant parties
- As necessary prepare relevant internal and external correspondence relating to commercial or contractual matter
- Liaising with staff in Canada and overseas, to ensure all account transaction flows are prompt, accurate and complete
- Develop strong and professional relationships with suppliers to ensure sustainable win-win relationships
- Work with internal Procurement and Legal divisions to ensure that contractor’s meet their obligations
- Policies and procedures in place for sound internal control, steering of cost reporting
- Maintain project contract registers and pro-actively manage contract milestone and schedule requirements
- If required, liaise with operations in order to improve project files preparation
- Provide recommendations to improve the decision making process/workflow
- Manage Contract related Key Performance Indicators and reporting
- Manage compliance and adherence to contractual terms and conditions
- Meetings/discussions with project stakeholders
- Other duties as directed by your Manager
Financial Awareness and Responsibility
- Maintain accurate financial awareness through monitoring day to day operation and subcontractor
- Identify any anomalies within day to day work practices in relation to procurement of service and equipment and daily tasks as listed above in section 1
- Provide assistance to Department manager/Supervisor in order to produce accurate monthly reports as directed
- Adhoc reports as requested
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with external and internal client base
- Manage individual Service level, ensuring to provide timely and accurate advice.
- Provide assistance to team and Manager as required
- Ensure knowledge is shared amongst team appropriately.
- Consistently demonstrate behaviours that meet Company, Team and Personal ethics/values.
- Act as a role model, using positive influence effectively to meet objectives and maintain or build working relationships
- Accountable for personal compliance with internal company policies, procedures and codes, for example, Code of Conduct, and all applicable external laws, regulations, standards and industry codes, for example, Fair Trading laws
- Integration of compliance requirements into day to day work processes and behaviour.
- Commitment to, and development of, personal training and awareness of compliance requirements
- Promote a safe working environment through the Company’s OH&S Policies and Procedures.
- Report all workplace injuries as per company standards/procedure; ensure personal adherence and cooperation with all relevant stakeholders in the injury management/RTW process.
Knowledge and Skills
Competencies and Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Supervision skills
- Customer Service- High
- Business Acumen- High
- Team Work- High
- Ability & willingness to learn- High
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation and authorities which impact on your area of responsibility
- General understanding of Business principles and able to apply Business acumen where appropriate
- General understanding of Freight Forwarding systems
- Focus on details
- Ability to work under pressure
Previous experience/ Qualifications / Certifications / Licenses
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar Contracts/Commercial role
- Excellent knowledge on Shipping INCOTERMS and Shipping documents / contracts
- Ability to understand and interpret contracts and procurement documentation
- Well developed analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience of strong negotiating and relationship management skills.
- Ability to work autonomously, problem solve and deal with issues as they arise,
- Ability to work on confidential documentation and issues, and capability to meet deadlines
- Experience in the Logistics, Resources, Construction sector
- Relevant qualifications in legal, commercial or equivalent related field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Relevant previous experience in Freight Forwarding/ Project Supply Chain
- Experience with project costing and invoicing
- Experience with project Cost Approval Procedure
- Advanced experience of month end task and duties on ProCars level
- Sound understanding of accounts payable/receivable policies and procedures
- Basic experience in delegate tasks and work in a team
- MS software in particular Excel and Word
- Lotus Notes/Outlook- basic
Accommodation and Commitment to Equity
Schenker of Canada is proudly committed to ensuring equitable hiring practices and believes in giving each and every applicant an equal opportunity to succeed on his or her own merit. Schenker of Canada strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are selected to participate in our recruitment process, please inform either the recruiter or the hiring manager of the nature of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract