POSITION: Chief Mechanic – Western Canada
DEPARTMENT: Yards and Equipment
REPORTS TO: Yards and Equipment Manager
Soletanche Bachy Canada (“SB Canada”) is a world leader in specialized deep foundation construction. We are currently seeking a Chief Mechanic to join the Yards and Equipment department.
- Reporting to the Yards and Equipment Manager this position is responsible for Overseeing the maintenance programs and breakdowns for all equipment in Western Canada.
- As a member of the team this position will be the primary contact for all jobsite supervisors and operators for equipment issues.
- Work closely with the Equipment team to ensure that PM schedules are being met for the fleet.
- Oversee maintenance activities in the Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton and Richmond including the prioritization and scheduling of resources in conjunction with the local General Superintendents.
- Participate in weekly meetings to review status of maintenance activities and operational needs of the company
- Provide “hands on” preventive, routine and non-routine maintenance and for repairs of all internal equipment
- Provide training as require for operator duties as related to equipment inspection and minor maintenance activities.
- Attend to sites are required including some rotational schedules.
- As this role remains a partially shared role, continue to support equipment maintenance program for Menard Canada as directed.
- Ensure that all maintenance activities are managed in accordance with work order protocols.
- Ensure that all safety routines are followed as related to equipment maintenance activities.
- Role will continue to be based in Richmond, BC (subject to travel) with the potential for a future move to consolidate yard locations.
- Operations support.
- Service support.
- Engineering support
- Propose and lead cost improvement opportunities.
Experience and Knowledge:
- 10+ years’ experience in maintenance management role
- Strong knowledge of electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems
- Ability to interpret blueprints, specifications and schematics
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Travel as required.
By joining our team, you will become part of a growing team and have opportunities to build strong relationships with industry leaders from around the world. A competitive benefits package is just another reason why Soletanche Bachy Canada is a great place to work.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply by email
Only candidates being considered for this position will be contacted. SB Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time