Revera is a leading provider of seniors’ accommodation, care and services; built on a more than 50-year history of helping seniors live life to the fullest. We reward excellence and provide exciting opportunities to contribute, grow and advance. Whether you're looking for full-time or part-time employment, a student placement, or a volunteer position, Revera offers many rewarding opportunities. Explore what we have to offer and see how you can succeed
Reporting to the Manager of Property Accounting, the Property Accountant will perform tasks of a general accounting nature with respect to balance sheet and income statement financial statement line items and ensure financial compliance with government funding regulations. As part of these tasks, the Property Accountant prepares specified journal entries, account reconciliations, and government reporting for the consolidated company and its partners. The Property Accountant ensures that the company's accounting policies are being followed. The accountant will support the team through acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, business combinations and other projects as required.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, self-motivated and possess a high attention to detail while still being able to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. This position requires a team player who will be able to support their team on a daily basis while breaking down silos to improve overall efficiency.
- Achieve established timelines for reporting periods;
- Maintain controls over accounting processes;
- Identify and take advantage of opportunities for improvement in accounting & financial reporting;
- Support both internal and external audits;
- Participate in ad hoc projects as required;
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct.
- 2+ years of relevant working experience
- Accounting designation (CPA) is desired but not required
- Experience with accounting and/or enterprise reporting systems
- Strong financial accounting background with experience in preparation of working papers
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- Detail-oriented individual who emphasizes accuracy
- Ability to build strong working relationships across the organization
- Strong personal integrity
- Desire to learn more
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request. Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.