Dietary Worker (Reports to Director of Care)
In accordance with the Vision, Mission, Values, and philosophy of Qualicum Manor, resident and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Under the general supervision of the Cook/Chef, performs a variety of food preparation, reheating foods and cleaning duties within the food services operation such as measuring and combining food and beverage ingredients by procedures such as grinding, blending and slicing; washing and scrubbing pots, pans and related accessories.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepares items such as vegetables and fruit by procedures such as slicing, dicing and grating.
2. Assists in preparation of sandwiches, salads, fruits, vegetables, desserts and portioning of these items as directed. Set up and delivery of between meal nourishments.
3. Delivers food items from storage areas to dining rooms; removes food items from packaging, cans and/or freezer, and rethermalizes.
4. Maintains sanitary condition by routinely cleaning work areas and equipment. Keeps working areas clean and free of obstruction. Washes floors, walls and ceilings in the kitchen area.
5. Washes, scrubs, rinses and dries pots, pans and related accessories. Safe handling and washing of dishware, utensils, cooking pans and equipment to avoid contamination and breakage.
6. Unpacks and rotates stock to ensure safe holding of stock items.
7. Cooperates with all other departments for the well being of the resident. Assists in food preparation and set-up for resident activities, outings, parties, etc.
8. Makes beverages and food items such as juice, tea, coffee and toast hot cereal, eggs; assembles items such as sandwiches and salads.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
A. Education, Training and Experience
Grade 10 plus one year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Completion of Level I Foodsafe Program.
B. Skills and Abilities
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $15.50 /hour