Field Safety Advisor
A.P.E. Maintenance Ltd is currently recruiting for Safety Advisors.
- M-F, 8 Hour Days, day shift only. (On-Call as required)
- Local Position, camp/flights are NOT provided.
Key Activities and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Assisting with employees’ first day on site. (Area tour, introducing leaders, helping with obtaining an ID, etc)
- Provide leadership and training for implementing and maintaining A.P.E’s HSE programs/systems (FLRAs, Hazard IDs, Inspections, etc.)
- Maintain training log, employees’ training files and ensuring all workers complete the required training for their job.
- Organizing, Booking, Scheduling all required and requested training.
- Organizing transportation if necessary.
- Auditing and monitoring as required from A.P.E. Health and Safety Manual. Complete weekly inspections of each work location and follow up on any corrective actions identified. Daily employee observations are to be completed and findings provided to management to tracking leading indicators.
- Track, inspect and file daily paperwork. (FLRA, Toolbox Talks, etc.)
- Provide daily and weekly feedback to management. Weekly statistics to be completed and provided to management.
- Identify HSE coaching opportunities throughout the organization.
- Health and Safety Trending; update daily statistics tracker, complete near miss and incident trending. Complete trending for leading and lagging indicators and provide feedback to management.
- Ensure Daily Force Log is accurate and distributed to required personnel.
- Monitor, Inspect, Store, Order and Issue Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- Assist A.P.E and Client Supervision with Incident Investigations and ensure all required follow-up/close out of investigation is completed.
- Liaison with clients and the workforce.
-Attend all required weekly/monthly client onsite meetings.
- Create and conduct daily and monthly safety meetings.
- Responsible for the maintenance and development of HSE documents (JSA, Procedures, Practices, etc.)
- Develop and maintain Job Safety Analysis for all work locations/task.
- Assist head office administration with any request. (i.e., collection of paperwork)
Education, Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 years HSE experience. (Plant experience considered an asset)
- NCSO, Driver’s License (Clean Driver’s Abstract), CSTS/OSSA (BSO)
- Proficient in Microsoft basic suite of programs (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong leadership skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong knowledge of Alberta legislation and the ability to interpret the regulations and laws
- Ability to work with limited supervision, in a team environment with great attention to detail
- Ability to influence staff at various levels to promote loss prevention.
- Available to be on call when not on site.
About A.P.E. Maintenance Ltd.:
Competitive wages, group health benefits for employees after 3 months. Thank you to all who apply but only selected applicants will be contacted for interview.
Job Type: Full-time