Tired of just doing preventative maintenance or working only on engines? Are you ready to take the next step and work on equipment that requires a high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics - using modern maintenance practices and technologies? Are you looking for that right opportunity which will allow you to use and be rewarded for your skills and ability, and provide opportunity for growth? Our technicians are trained to provide superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and, at some locations, on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. We care about our technician’s safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices of all our technicians and managers. Pride, safety, training, growth, opportunity, great benefits, rewards – check us out, we may be the company for you.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OHS Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Completes all assigned mandatory online and in class training modules
- Must have all required tools to fulfill the responsibilities and requirements of the job.
- Three years of relative work experience (in addition to education requirement).
- Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
- Valid Journeyman certificate in one of the following trades;
Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic (BC, NU, SK),
Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic (Construction) (QC),
Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic (Non-Construction) (QC),
Heavy Equipment Service Technician (NB),
Heavy Equipment Technician (NT),
Heavy Equipment Technician - Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic (Off Road) (AB)
Heavy Equipment Technician (AB),
Heavy Equipment Technician - Truck and Transport Mechanic (AB),
Truck and Transport Mechanic (SK)
Commercial Transport Vehicle Mechanic (BC),
Heavy Equipment Technician - Truck and Transport Mechanic (NT),
Truck and Coach Technician (ON),
Truck and Transport Service Technician (NB),
Truck and Transport Technician (YT)
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than _ pounds most of the work day;
Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) often;
Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often;
Normal setting for this job is:
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, company pension, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation & Holidays. Please note that benefits may vary by site.