Vancouver Pile Driving Ltd. (VanPile), a multi-discipline construction company, is one of the largest marine general contractors in Canada. Since 1913, our employees have built many of the major marine facilities along the coastline and inland waters of British Columbia. VanPile is a B.C. owned and operated company by the Carlson Construction Group. Read more about us at www.vanpile.com
VanPile is a driven and growing company with a culture dedicated to its core values: Teamwork, Integrity, Accountability, and Professionalism. As an integral member of our team, your knowledge and expertise will contribute to the success of our field projects which facilitates our competitive advantage as a major player in the marine and foundation construction industry.
This is an exciting opportunity to make your mark within a major player in the heavy civil / marine construction business.
- Develops, implements and monitors preventative maintenance procedures and service methods to ensure equipment is in good operating order and maintains data history.
- Ensures safety inspections are conducted on a regular basis and maintains certificate and survey files.
- Monitors equipment costs, appraises equipment and recommends disposal.
- Responsible for equipment selection and assists Operations in the proper selection of equipment for Estimates and Projects.
- Provides data for equipment reports and availability.
- Conducts accident damage appraisals and estimate and implement repair schedules.
- Approves equipment cost invoices while actively managing the current budget.
- Monitors equipment utilization and recommends corrective procedures.
- Develop and monitor budgets and procedures to meet the annual expectations as well as review equipment reported hours to ensure correct internal revenue.
- Manage and develop crews and resources required to meet current and future requirements.
- Journeyman heavy duty mechanic qualifications, supervisory experience in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in the supervision of the maintenance and procurement of heavy construction equipment with previous LNG EPC and International Plant Manager experience.
- Experience in international plant purchasing, CAPEX, and strong negotiation skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a remote location for extended periods of time and varying schedules in support of site operational needs. This may include occasional night or weekend work.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High personal, professional and ethical standards.
- Initiative and sound judgment.
- A collaborative, proactive, and results oriented approach.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Sound prioritization/time-management skills.
- Willingness to learn.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at VanPile; only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Vancouver Pile Driving Ltd. does not accept and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited résumés from agencies. Agencies should not submit resumes in response to this posting to VanPile employees or any associated company location.